Ankle Arthroscopy

Ollieda
Ollieda Posts: 1,010
Having an ankle arthroscopy on monday. Just wondered if anyone on here has had any experience of them and what the recovery is like? NHS says 2 - 3 weeks till back to normal, then again they said it would take 3 weeks for my ankle to get better when I broke it a year and a half ago and it's still not fixed!!!

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Arthroscopy is just having a look inside. Depends on what they find and then do while they are in there. Is it the former broken one they are investigating?

My only experience of arthroscopy has been with my knees. Recovery was very quick when I had both done (medial meniscus trimmed) when I was 35. Right knee needed fixing again a couple of years ago. I was by then 50, and the internal work was a lot more extensive / aggressive, so it took about a month before it felt nearly normal
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    broke it year and a half ago whilst off with the TA and hospital at the time said it was just a sprain so I continued training for a month in agony before being told it was actually broken. Had loads of physio and stuff so they now think theres scar tissue so doing the arthoscopy to find out and remove any scar tissue if there is some.