8 Things On L.Armstrong From The Other Side Of The Grass

Cozy Beehive
Cozy Beehive Posts: 8
edited December 2009 in Pro race
One stop shop to learn about Armstrong's tainted past. Article includes a 50 page report, accounts from world doping experts and plenty of audio clips for your perusal. Please respond with your views here or on the blog. Your time appreciated.

:arrow: LINK :
: http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2009/11/8-things-on-lance-armstrong-from-other.html

Comments

• Yawn!!

Get over it - a first post which is anti-lance :roll: .

(are you BikingBernie/Aurilleo or FF in disguise - can I claim £10?)

Dear Father Christmas - This year can I please not have people starting threads like these. As far as I know there have been more than a handful of Pro riders doing good & bad things - this detracts from their sucsesses or minimises thier wrongdoings.

:evil:
  • this record is st......st......stuck
  • where is the other side of the grass?
  • However, it is still getting around the forums and attracting plenty of attention.
    A very useful tool, in the ongoing, verbal head butting, battles.

Something for the slow news days of mid winter.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lance is completely innocent.

How do we know that?

Because he's told us of course!
  • This is truly a laudable 'site. I admit to not having scrupulously had a proper trawl through it yet ( I've a suspicion I'll have consumed most of it before anyway ), but I expect it'll pass an hour or so in the dreary days ahead this winter, and likely make me gasp in wonder at the perfidy that characterises Lance. A one-stop shop for we those of us who haven't bought into the Lance mythology.

Beside which, it's worth the bookmark for the priceless set of bicycle, and tech'y links. Wonderful. :D
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    VerwoodAsh wrote:
    Yawn!!

Get over it - a first post which is anti-lance :roll: .

(are you BikingBernie/Aurilleo or FF in disguise - can I claim £10?)

Dear Father Christmas - This year can I please not have people starting threads like these. As far as I know there have been more than a handful of Pro riders doing good & bad things - this detracts from their sucsesses or minimises thier wrongdoings.

:evil:

Lance-lovers brigade to the rescue. :roll:

Come on guys, if you are not interested or the topic bores you don’t enter, simples :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Cripes he looks porky on that World's podium!

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I fully expected this site to be shonky rantings, surrounded with more drivel, but its extremely good (beyond the Lance stuff)

Strava is not Zen.
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Its a very good site! I started looking through their video collection and spent an enjoyable half hour this morning looking at a "top 30 cyclist's of all time" compilation.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited December 2009
    Cozy your blog is serious quality - I have been following it for a couple of years. I cannot understand much of the science or engineering slant but the other articles I find great. The one about things most people don't know about Contador was particularly good reading. Thank! Good to see you on here.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • They're all at it, just some are also not very nice people.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    If you don't like the Other Side of the Grass, please share with us the other perspective..and if don't agree with the topic of the post, don't bloomin'-well click on it either.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    blackhands wrote:
    Lance is completely innocent.

How do we know that?

Because he's told us of course!

We also know he's completely guilty because someone told us, of course.
    Sorry, couldn't resist. :P :P
  • cozy is essentially of the same breed as those behind the 'such-and-such-naked' or 'lose-10-pounds in 3 seconds' sites ... use a google/idiot friendly tagline and get the hits rolling in ... feckwit!!!
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • dennisn
    type:epyt wrote:
    cozy is essentially of the same breed as those behind the 'such-and-such-naked' or 'lose-10-pounds in 3 seconds' sites ... use a google/idiot friendly tagline and get the hits rolling in ... feckwit!!!

Are you saying "troll"??? I never would have guessed. Shock and awe. :oops: :oops: :wink:
  • type:epyt wrote:
    cozy is essentially of the same breed as those behind the 'such-and-such-naked' or 'lose-10-pounds in 3 seconds' sites ... use a google/idiot friendly tagline and get the hits rolling in ... feckwit!!!

You appear to be talkiing from experience of such places.
    I am amazed that Dennis is able to relate to your post.
    No comprendo, as far as I'm concerned.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • This might be the most misleading first post ever. His blog is genuinely very interesting, and has things for people who have no interest in the armstrong stuff. Definitely not a troll.

I still don't understand where the other side of the grass is though.
  • type:epyt wrote:

of (ahem) pop ups ... yes ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • dennisn
    type:epyt wrote:

You could be right with your "no comprendo". I just got the impression he was saying troll.
    But you never know. :? :?
  • Cozy your blog is serious quality - I have been following it for a couple of years. I cannot understand much of the science or engineering slant but the other articles I find great. The one about things most people don't know about Contador was particularly good reading. Thank! Good to see you on here.

French,

Thank you for the support. The aim is never to let my regular readers down. And I'm glad you're enjoying my posts. 8)
  • This might be the most misleading first post ever. His blog is genuinely very interesting, and has things for people who have no interest in the armstrong stuff. Definitely not a troll.

The title is a metaphor, challenging the people who know Armstrong from just one limited viewing angle to expand their horizons and to exercise some critical thinking skills by offering resources that are worthy of serious discussion. Don't get too caught up with grass and insecticides and lawnmowers and stuff.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    This might be the most misleading first post ever. His blog is genuinely very interesting, and has things for people who have no interest in the armstrong stuff. Definitely not a troll.

The title is a metaphor, challenging the people who know Armstrong from just one limited viewing angle to expand their horizons and to exercise some critical thinking skills by offering resources that are worthy of serious discussion. Don't get too caught up with grass and insecticides and lawnmowers and stuff.

but this has been done to death, flogged to death...why don't you take the LA drugs debate somewhere else... everyone has written about it a million times over, I never read one single new thing when I clicked on your website, all recycled stuff ..why do you think you are somehow providing new and informative info?...we all know..one assumes you are simply bikingbernieaurelio re-registered
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Dave_1 wrote:
    This might be the most misleading first post ever. His blog is genuinely very interesting, and has things for people who have no interest in the armstrong stuff. Definitely not a troll.

but this has been done to death, flogged to death...why don't you take the LA drugs debate somewhere else... everyone has written about it a million times over, I never read one single new thing when I clicked on your website, all recycled stuff ..why do you think you are somehow providing new and informative info?...we all know..one assumes you are simply bikingbernieaurelio re-registered

Did he get Greg-Stef in there ? if he did then that must be about the 523,235,536,563,586th time its been linked or posted. But hey its all new.............
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dave_1
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Did he get Greg-Stef in there ? if he did then that must be about the 523,235,536,563,586th time its been linked or posted. But hey its all new.............

yes, I think it is mentioned.....AurelioBikingBernie/Aurelio he's looking like
  • Dave_1 wrote:

Dave, The issue is not about providing something "new" which I did not mention anywhere. The article mentions clearly on one para that facts provided as links and audio clips are a "re-pollination" of what was around, but previously strewn around in different places on the web. Now it may already be known, such as to people like you, but judging that other readers also feel the same way as you is a misguided assumption. As evidence, a number of readers in the comments section of the article in question have mentioned that it was pretty informative. I'm not writing for just one person.

Whats this aurelio bit? Not sure what you're talking about. The name is Ron and have been writing the blog for over 4 years. Follow me on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/cyclingbee
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,070
    @CB - ignore Dave_1, he gets all paranoid every now and again and makes accusations against new members of being some forum member from the near or distant past under a new name. :roll:
  • moray_gub
    Dave_1 wrote:

Dave, The issue is not about providing something "new" which I did not mention anywhere. The article mentions clearly on one para that facts provided as links and audio clips are a "re-pollination" of what was around, but previously strewn around in different places on the web. Now it may already be known, such as to people like you, but judging that other readers also feel the same way as you is a misguided assumption. As evidence, a number of readers in the comments section of the article in question have mentioned that it was pretty informative. I'm not writing for just one person.

Whats this aurelio bit? Not sure what you're talking about. The name is Ron and have been writing the blog for over 4 years. Follow me on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/cyclingbee

He is just comparing you to Aurelio who is an obsessive when it come to Lance Armstrong and he often who often posts link after link full of Armstrong drug allegations and like yours some she-ite and some not so she-ite.
  • moray_gub
    andyp wrote:
    @CB - ignore Dave_1, he gets all paranoid every now and again and makes accusations against new members of being some forum member from the near or distant past under a new name. :roll:

More often or not he is right though on previous posters and is it really neccesary to advise a poster to ignore Dave_1 ? Surely the poster has enough about him to figure out for himself if he wants to do that he doesnt need you advising him.
  • dave_1
    andyp wrote:

but Aurelio threw mud a lot on here then got banned and next day biking bernie apears with identical postings...of course they're the same...I'd class you as a friend of them...with afx, blaze, kleber and a few others of your gang :-)