Good to see the ladies on the trails

Kaz01
Kaz01 Posts: 37
edited December 2009 in Women
Hello ladies, i just wanted to say that it was great to see so many women out biking at the weekend, especially in Cannock! Normally i don't see another female on a bike so it was a nice change. Hope you all had a good time. Was anyone from this forum actually at Cannock?

Comments

• I was there on Monday, first time I'd been there on a weekday, and I loved it. So quiet!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    There was a sizeable group of ladies queuing for the bike wash who kindly moved so I could park up. Good to see women out on their own instead of just tagging along.

Not too sure about the white-haired lady who walks her dogs on the Chase at night...and I thought I was nuts :shock:
  • Sometimes you have to tag along because all you're friends think it's scary and dangerous. I only know one other girl who actually goes riding.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    pheyonagh wrote:
    Sometimes you have to tag along because all you're friends think it's scary and dangerous. I only know one other girl who actually goes riding.

Yup, i'm always the 'tagging along' one as I don't know many other girls that mountain bike.... Although I like to think I give some of the boys a run for the their money (sometimes :? )!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Not quite at that stage. I still let them all go first but at least less people are passing me.

Maybe all the tag alongers should gather so they can ride together. Although it would feel weird first time going out with the boys.
  • .blitz
    pheyonagh wrote:
    Sometimes you have to tag along because all you're friends think it's scary and dangerous. I only know one other girl who actually goes riding.
    I guess a lot depends on where you live and/or go riding. There were quite a few women on their own on the Chase during the summer (esp mid-week or during the evenings) and mrs.blitz goes out on her own from time-to-time.
  • Kaz01
    Kaz01 Posts: 37
    There were LOADS of women again at Cannock on Sunday! Where have you all been hiding! :? Or do you all normally ride there in the evening in the week? I swear i never used to see another woman there! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • and why are all these women in cannock.. come to Wales where there is some great riding!
  • .blitz
    and why are all these women in cannock
    Probably because FtD is a fun local loop that's never more than 500m from some kind of civilisation and it's within 1 hour's drive for over 7 million people.

We had more than 50,000 visitors last year which is one of the reasons I drive over to Wales every month or so :)