Thanks for the light advice. MTE P7 got it today.

mcrdave
mcrdave Posts: 501
edited December 2009 in Road buying advice
Just a quick one to say cheers to other forum users for posting so much useful info about which light to get, read loads of posts about the MTE p7 from deal extreme and after extensive research ordered it.

Took about 2 weeks to arrive (about average according to the posts). Just got it today, will be riding to work with it tomorrow and I have to say I can't wait! It's just so soooooo bright!

So just to say cheers again and if anyone has any questions about it, give me a shout.

2009-11-30210146.jpg[/img]

Comments

• Burghley
    Burghley Posts: 412
    Have been riding with my new P7 for the past few early mornings - even went out in the evening a couple of times as an excuse to use the light again!

The brightness is absolutely incredible, including during heavy rain when most lights become useless.

There is much more respect from motorists now, e.g. dipping headlights promptly and waiting to overtake a parked car.

I get at least 70 minutes use on full power, which is ideal for my pre-breakfast wakeup ride.

You won't be disappointed.

Rgds

Pete
    www.bikesetup.co.uk
    miles more cycling comfort
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    I am looking at getting one myself and I see you are sooo existed that you could not keep the camera still :wink:
    Stay safe :)
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    What exact setup/items did you buy ?
    I ride therefore I am
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I have a Fenix L2D which is good, but just upgraded to this beast for only £50.
    More problems but still living....
  • Mine is still great. Needs a bit of fettling to ensure the switch contacts are really secure though.
    Loads of light for the money. Can't go wrong really.
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • mcrdave
    mcrdave Posts: 501
    Well today didnt go to plan, y'know one of those days when you shouldnt be on your bike? Was just about to set off at 7.30 when I noticed - flat back tyre... great. Fixed it and set off, got down the road and nearly lost my front wheel on a grid (my fault). Got a mile into the commute and to kids ran out and I nearly hit them. Then for a grand finale, got side swiped by a car at a roundabout. Ambulance ride and 5 stitches in my head. Funny thing is, none of these incidents could have been prevented by my shiny new light, just 'one of those days'. The light I bought btw was: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12060

It survived the crash unscathed lol.
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Thnaks for taking the time to put this up mcrdave. sorry to hear about the accident though and I hope you recover soon.

Just ordered one myself after reading this.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I've ordered two P7's and two HA-III SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED.
    They should be shipped Friday, only three weeks waiting on stock to arrive! :evil: ...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Two P7s and Two Magicshines ? Please tell me they're not all going on one bike ? It'd be like Close Encounters...
  • hopper1
    No, not one bike...
    I ordered from two different outlets, trying to avoid too much delay (still both being posted on Friday :oops: ).
    I thought I may use one set as a project type thing, changing LED's etc, maybe not.
    I also bought a battery holder from Turbo Ferret, should be here tomorrow.
    They're very popular, so I could always sell on the second set...

I don't even ride in the dark! :shock: At least I can now, maybe start riding the MTB in the woods after dark. :wink:
    At those prices, they're too cheap not to have...
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I like your thinking ! ;-)
  • hopper1
    Well, the Turbo Ferret kit just arrived... :wink:

Just need something to plug it into, now :cry: