NYE - Wit's yer plan's

colintrav
colintrav Posts: 1,074
edited December 2009 in The Crudcatcher
What are you doing for NYE

Are you heading out for a club / pub or you stayin in with friends ..

Comments

• I'm off to a friends house where we're havin a fancy dress party. The theme is 'Notorious Noughties' - so basically a character from the past decade, be it news, tv, film, book etc. I have no idea who i'm going to be :?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    edited November 2009
    colintrav wrote:
    What are you doing for NYE
    Abergynolwyn with the family. Nothing ever happens there - on NYE 1999 there were approx half-a-dozen fireworks, a dog barked once and then it went quiet again.

NYD (along with Xmas day afternoon) is optimum biking time.
  • i'm gonna be misserable based on the fact I'm on a 3 day working week, yet actually working 5.

Probably go round to some mates or vice versa.

Damn recession!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • I'm quite glad you asked actually because my friends and family don't want to hear about my NY plans any more :(

I'm off to California, Hawaii and New York. :lol:

I will be enjoying the huge party on Waikiki beach in Hawaii in lovely weather on NYE 8)

To be fair though, I was up Ben Nevis at 8am on New Years Day this year, I need a bit of relaxation for 2010!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I get miserable on NYE. I stay in as the pubs for 20 miles each direction are packed with people who only leave the house once a year, can't get to the bar, have to pis5 outside generally and pay loads for watered down beer.

Bah, humbug!
  • colintrav
    yoohoo999 wrote:
    I'm quite glad you asked actually because my friends and family don't want to hear about my NY plans any more :(

I'm off to California, Hawaii and New York. :lol:

I will be enjoying the huge party on Waikiki beach in Hawaii in lovely weather on NYE 8)

To be fair though, I was up Ben Nevis at 8am on New Years Day this year, I need a bit of relaxation for 2010!

When ur in Hawaii pay a visit to the Missouri Memorial .. for me please
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    yoohoo999 wrote:

Been there! 8) Amazing place. One night a hurricane came close, not enough for us to really notice it, but the big island got kind of hit by it. Was a really surreal night, a sense of something ominous approaching, humid beyond belief, but somehow not uncomfortable, and stood on Waikiki beach looking out into thousands of miles of black empty ocean.

NYE....not a clue, probably something at a mates house. But they're scattered far and wide right now.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Probably a quiet party at some friends' house. Then off skiing on NYD (decent slopes only a couple of hours drive away).
  • bails87 wrote:
    Been there! 8) Amazing place. One night a hurricane came close, not enough for us to really notice it, but the big island got kind of hit by it. Was a really surreal night, a sense of something ominous approaching, humid beyond belief, but somehow not uncomfortable, and stood on Waikiki beach looking out into thousands of miles of black empty ocean.

yeah, i've been a couple of times before, it really is an amazing place. we tend to stay at the Kahala which is down by Diamond Head mountain. Close enough to Waikiki to enjoy the action, but far enough away for when it all gets a bit too much! Plus it's got it's own private beach and acres of land, so its handy if Waikiki is swamped with people.

I don't play golf, but the Hawaiian leg of the PGA is being played at our hotel and the place is booked out with all the golfers who are arriving early for some practice and R&R, so we should have the place to ourselves all day while they are out on the course :lol: Might ask Tiger what really happened in that car!

I've never been in January though, looking forward to seeing the waves up on the North Shore.

If you go back you should give the Kahala a try, it's stupidly pricey but worth every penny. The Emperor of Japan has a holiday there each year. Must be weird flying over pearl harbour!
  • MrChrisP
    MrChrisP Posts: 321
    Not quite as good as Hawai etc but my cousin is getting married in Liverpool on NYE so it promises to be a messy one at least.
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    No idea. Suppose I might go to the fireworks in Brum again.
  • supersonic wrote:
    I get miserable on NYE. I stay in as the pubs for 20 miles each direction are packed with people who only leave the house once a year, can't get to the bar, have to pis5 outside generally and pay loads for watered down beer.

Bah, humbug!
    lol +1.

I think last NYE I posted more on here than anything else.... well along with drinking a shed load of beer :D:lol:

i'm in Cardiff this NYE but apparently you need a "tickert" to get into local pubs, so i'll probably end up on the net again :D
  • Staying in this year - it's a load of overpriced bull going out here in London NYE :twisted:
  • The Big Cheese
    So... just a normal day in london then? :lol:
    £8.50 for 2 pints of fosters :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    The Big Cheese
    So... just a normal day in london then? :lol:
    £8.50 for 2 pints of fosters :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lol, my local it's £6.30 for two Fosters!!! Fucking rip-off

Then they charge £15 to get in there, which is a fucking joke, and you end up mixing with all of the local scumbags. There is inevitably always a fight during the night. I don't see why I should go out to my local and pay to stay late, when they have lock ins every other weekend FFS. I am thinking about not going in there anymore TBH.

I'm too hold to give a fook about NYE anymore... bah humbug!!!! :twisted:
  • colintrav
    I find it sickening that some places that if you happen to drink in every other day has the fcuking cheek to charge you entry ..

And totally disrepects you as a valued Customer .. A pub can still make hunners of cash without having to charge an entry fee
  • bails87
    colintrav wrote:
    I find it sickening that some places that if you happen to drink in every other day has the fcuking cheek to charge you entry ..

And totally disrepects you as a valued Customer .. A pub can still make hunners of cash without having to charge an entry fee

It's a business, 'hunners' is nice but.....erm...'thouwans' :? is better!
    MTB/CX

• BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Home, with either a massivley pregnant Mrs BJB or the twins if they turn up early.

Wouldn't have it any other way, bring on the Hootenanny!
  • whyamihere wrote:

Is that where they just set fire to a carpark?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Staying in is the new going out! 8)
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    paaaarty at my friends house! i hate exmouth on NYE its full of wankers who have a prolem with everyone

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • bails87
    whyamihere wrote:

Is that where they just set fire to a carpark?

How dare you suggest that us Midlanders would desecrate our scenic and historic car parks! :lol:
    MTB/CX