its cav ... no wiggo

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited December 2009 in Pro race
for bbc SPOTY

Comments

• BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    Everyone vote for him. A vote for Cav is a vote for road cycling.
  • Problem for Cavendish might be that his achievements all happened in the first half of the year.

Jenson Button won the F1 title just a few weeks back and the achievements cover a longer period through the year, with TV coverage of the sport every couple of weeks. Just like Damon Hill, who won SPOTY in 96, he started the year in a dominant fashion that gave him a commanding lead, suffered a mid-season lull, but finished strongly.

So for Cav to win cyclists will have to get organized and swamp the voting system, which I suspect is partly what happened last year.
  • No Wiggins eh :lol:. He'll probably have a trafalgar square style whinge again. Adrian Chiles, keep away.

Eh, must be honest, I'll vote for Button. Deserves it far more for that Brazilian grand prix alone.
  • one good thing can come of this though, as we, the cycling community won't be split who to vote for. both cav's and wiggo's achievments are so great, it's hard to have one edge over the other. only having one cyclist on the list makes an obvious choice for everyone.

looking at the votes that Hoy received last year, I reckon that cav has very good chances of winning.
  • Eh, must be honest, I'll vote for Button.

Is that a quote from Wiggo's twitter feed?
  • Eh, must be honest, I'll vote for Button.

Is that a quote from Wiggo's twitter feed?

no, quote from me.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Wiggins had a great year but he's not a champion (yet). Fourth in the Tour de France is outstanding but it's not first place. And his palmares for the rest of the year was light, with a win in the 3-days of De Panne split stage TT, the Aussie Herald Sun Tour and the British TT champs.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Not that it really matters, but Brad came 12th in the nominations, so he wasn't far off making the list. Cav was 5th.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    No Wiggins eh :lol:. He'll probably have a trafalgar square style whinge again. Adrian Chiles, keep away.

Eh, must be honest, I'll vote for Button. Deserves it far more for that Brazilian grand prix alone.
    I would vote for Buttton too ...if car driving were a sport ...which it isn’t ...so I won’t
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Can't see anyone beating Button but would def vote for Cav over Wiggins, not that Wiggins had a bad year but he has much more scope for improvement. Short of getting the green jersey (but likely less stage wins) I can't realistically see Cav having a better year than this.