gridlock

cyclopsbiker
cyclopsbiker Posts: 516
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
anyone know why Deptford Bridge to Rotherhithe tunnel was completely gridlocked this morning? approx 7.40. added at least 5 mins on my journey which was not what I needed in the downpour. puddles were fun tho....does anyone else stick their feet up and want to shout "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" as you splash through them? :lol::lol:

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Nope, no idea. Lancaster was flowing nicely. Well, for those on a bicycle. :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Blackwall Tunnel northbound was out yesterday and overnight because, I think, of a car fire - not sure whether it had opened then (or even now). I would guess that's why.
  • does anyone else stick their feet up and want to shout "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" as you splash through them? :lol::lol:

Calling cafewanda!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    No idea why there was gridlock, but once my lower half was wet through then some of the bigger puddles were good fun to see if you could make decent sized waves by going through fast enough :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Blackwall tunnel was closed again today.

I dont go through it but saw my motorbike riding mate who got caught up in it giving him a 3 hour commute instead of a usual 45 minutes :? :cry:
    FCN = 4
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    does anyone else stick their feet up and want to shout "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" as you splash through them? :lol::lol:

Calling cafewanda!

You called? That's the only way to go through them surely? :lol:
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Blackwall tunnel is closed until Wednesday after a fire in the north bound tunnel yesterday.
  • it was gridlock again on the way home. three glorious days of gridlock. fabulous.
    I hope no-one was hurt in the fire.
  • it was gridlock again on the way home. three glorious days of gridlock. fabulous.

Tunnel has fixed early and has re-opened so traffic will be back to normal tomorrow.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    does anyone else stick their feet up and want to shout "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" as you splash through them? :lol::lol:

That was something I had to learn *not* to do when I started using SPD's - pulled both feet up forgetting both were attached to the pedals :shock: