Rate my Sunday

Alex
Alex Posts: 2,086
edited December 2009 in The Crudcatcher

Comments

• Hmm I didn't realise trees now grow sideways.
    Less gears, more beers.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    MBUK cover shot angle.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Impressive stuff.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    think either your camera tripod is broken, or it was taken by a mate with one leg shorter than the other.
  • Alex
    I'm not the photog or the subject, though I was in the video (Link at the top), that photo just summed up the day best.

Wet mud, slippery conditions, mostly sideways :D
  • Anonymous
    looks like a fun bit of XC singletrack. Lots of crazily overbiked riders though. :wink:
  • Alex
    The fastest guy was riding an Empire. The second fastest a 224. The third fastest, an M3.

In the end, even if you're a little over-suspended, it's the angles that matter.
  • Anonymous
    Alex wrote:
    The fastest guy was riding an Empire. The second fastest a 224. The third fastest, an M3.

In the end, even if you're a little over-suspended, it's the angles that matter.
    True, on the angles. Looked like it would have suited a steeper-angled bike. Generally though, bigger bikes tend to be slack.
    I'd have though that a lighter bike would have been of benefit there as well though.
  • Alex
    It was a very fast track that was very greasy at the bottom with a steep chute into a fairly hefty compression of a righthand berm before a very slippery, rooty S bend which dropped 4 metres over the same distance.

The order of the day was "Slack".

As for light bikes, yes, it helps. Mine's 37lb.
  • missmarple
    or it was taken by a mate with one leg shorter than the other.

Comment of the day. Aye thank you.
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    edited November 2009
    Alex wrote:

Bikes are built for riding not for pushin up hills ....WEAKLINGS

Must try harder never let the elements get the better of you

and the music didn't compliment the footage I prefer to hear the natural sound of the elements ....
  • Alex
    Wow, you are a cock.

Did mummy not love you?
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    yeah yeah yeah. i would much prefer to push up a hill and then fly down. looks pretty amazing, i cant wait for the weekend so i can go give the norco another blast. ahhh only 4day to go. :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    nice, looks like you had fun :D
  • missmarple
    Alex wrote:
    Wow, you are a cock.

Did mummy not love you?

Yes, he is and no she didn't! :twisted: