TRP stoppers.

andy162
andy162 Posts: 634
edited November 2009 in Road buying advice
Has anyone got some TRP R960 brake calipers on their steeds? Any views good or bad?

Price is steep but they are supposed to be very good....what say you?

Comments

• I do, I have had them for about 6 months and really like them. I had zero gravity before the TRP and can safely say stopping is much more reassuring now. They are expensive and prob not any better than Shimano offerings but they look pretty good.

I just saw planet x selling some light weight stoppers for £99. May be worth looking at although I have no idea if they are any good.
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • I just saw planet x selling some light weight stoppers for £99. May be worth looking at although I have no idea if they are any good.

I bought these precisely because they're very similar to the other makes of brake mentioned for a fraction of the price. They're very good - they save a shed load of weight (200g the pair) for a small penalty in adjustability and ultimate braking over groupset calipers.

If that's not enough, they have a promo on now where you get a free set of titanium skewers with every pair.

There's also a forged version of the calipers that weigh 25g more for only £50.

Can't see why anyone would buy TRP960 or ZG?