Assos... No, not sizing or what jacket, etc...

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited November 2009 in The bottom bracket
When you buy the bibshorts, you get a nice little laundry bag to protect them. :wink:
Why don't you get one when you buy the biblongs?... Don't they pluck/bobble like the shorts? :?
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Just go to a s/market,poundshop etc and buy a large mesh laundry bag
    M.Rushton
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    hopper1 wrote:
    When you buy the bibshorts, you get a nice little laundry bag to protect them. :wink:
    Why don't you get one when you buy the biblongs?... Don't they pluck/bobble like the shorts? :?

I noticed that, got my first Assos bibtights this week - no bag, but my 3 pairs of shorts did.
    mrushton wrote:

It seems a bit wierd they don't come with tights when they come with shorts - can't say I've actually washed my shorts in a bag, it's not damaged them.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • hopper1
    mrushton wrote:

Just b0ll0x!!! :shock: I paid enough for the bibtights, they should provide them free for these, too. :wink:

I don't need another laundry bag, the bibtights fit in the ones you get free with the bibshorts, and I have several spares... :wink:
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    I don't bother with the washbags anyway
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • hopper1
    I don't bother with the washbags anyway
    can't say I've actually washed my shorts in a bag, it's not damaged them.

But still, it's the principle at that price. :wink:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Hmmm - so they give you the bags to help justify the price of the shorts, but realise that they'd need big bags for the tights, and cant be bothered spending that much cash on a bag thats not needed ?
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Are you sure it's not cos the fabric on a pair of shorts is more prone to snagging (e.g. on the velcro of your gloves) than the tougher fabric of winter tights hence washing the shorts in a bag?

Hey, just a practical point of view (but totally illogical, obviously :lol: )
  • hopper1
    cougie wrote:
    Hmmm - so they give you the bags to help justify the price of the shorts, but realise that they'd need big bags for the tights, and cant be bothered spending that much cash on a bag thats not needed ?

Errrrmmmm...... Yep, ok :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Do you still get the sample size detergent and chamois cream with the longs?
  • hopper1
    GavH wrote:
    Do you still get the sample size detergent and chamois cream with the longs?

Come to think of it.... No!
    B*stards! I'm being ripped off :shock:

Didn't even get a box... :cry:
  • cougie
    Get the DHB ones and Wiggle usually send you some Haribo. I'm easily convinced.
  • hopper1
    cougie wrote:

I didn't get any Haribos with my DHB bibshorts, either.... Have I upset someone! :shock:
  • cougie
    I reckon the packer ate yours. Keep ordering and increase the odds.
  • I have some Assos shorts. And bags

.............but I've never really uderstood the bag thing so don't bother. if you stuff them into a bag does it not prevent them from being washed so well ?

One of my pairs of shorts do have some scuffing of the surface of the fabric but I've always attributed that to when a went scudding along the tarmac having made an involuntary sudden dismount following a n altercation with a car.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    cougie wrote:

Dont they go all sticky in the washer?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • cougie wrote:
    I reckon the packer ate yours. Keep ordering and increase the odds.

Doesnt work, I spent fahsunds with them last year and got no freebies, this year I have only ordered once but got 2 free packs of Haribo sweets that have 10p written on the front, at least the wiggles were exclusive.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    That p*****d me off as well. I just wash them inside out and hope for the best,

I'm more concerned with the oil stains on the rear of my airjack that i CANNOT remove :x :cry: