Nooooo!!!

Trev71
Trev71 Posts: 46
edited November 2009 in The bottom bracket
Bit of an expensive start to the weekend.

I was putting my bike on the roof carrier on the car, but half way through was distracted by the antics of my three small children. After getting them to kiss and make up, I got into the car and drove off, forgetting that i had not finished fastening the bike to the carrier. I made it about twenty metres before there was a clang and a brief scraping sound. I looked out of the drivers door window to see my Genesis hanging there by its back wheel (which now looks a bit like a taco) :( . Just for good measure, I also have a six-inch long gouge in the roof of my Mondeo.

Remarkably, Mrs Trev didn't call me an idiot. I think she might be saving this one for later.

Can't say I'm too bothered about the car; gutted about the bike.

B*gger!

Comments

• Trev71 wrote:
    Remarkably, Mrs Trev didn't call me an idiot. I think she might be saving this one for later.!

I'm sure one of us would be happy to oblige!

Ouch..!
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    fail-owned-bike-lock-owner-fail.jpg
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    'Was' that David Cameron's bike? :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    The way home... just for you.
    narrow-bike-path-water.jpg
  • rofl NapD nice piccie
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.