Michelin Krylion Sidewall Problems

plug1n
plug1n Posts: 204
edited November 2009 in Workshop
I'm wondering if anyone else has problems with nicks, cuts, splits in in recent Krylion sidewalls?

I've lost 2 this way in the last couple of months, one back with a scrape-like mark and one front with a cut or split.

These are both 23s and have done less than 500 miles. I was previously very happy with a pair of 25s which lasted over 3000 miles without problem until the worn tread started puncturing.

OK, I'm 90KG but am always really careful to inflate to 100 - 105 psi.

No problems with the Vittorias on my commuter.

Comments

• ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    No problems here. I use a 25c rear and a 23c front both are recently fitted and just the usual super reliability. Rode 8000Kms without a puncture on my previous Krylions and hope for the same again this time round. Guess you have just had some bad luck?
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    See my thread here

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=

Big split on the bead. My tyre had only done about 100 miles. I sent it back to Chain Reaction and they sent me a replacement by return.

Previous Krylion lasted ages. Read somewhere that production had moved from France to the Far East. Coincidence???
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    The France plant stopped production to make newer models of other tyres, hence the sudden problem buying them anywhere...

Not heard where they make them now, but they did pack in the normal production run and it makes sense that if they have been outsourced to the far east there may be a difference in QA.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    My last Krylions lasted over 3000 miles, the current ones have done no where near that, are wearing down quicker, and have had many more punctures, I've had 2 punctures on them, compared to 0 on my last ones.

Might have to look for a better alternative next time..