So what weird things........

symo
symo Posts: 1,743
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
............ do you do but wouldn't readily admit to. I am not interested in the weird fetishes some of you will have but what you actually do that is a quirky for you.

Me, I sometimes go to late night shopping listening to techy/minimal drum and bass and pretend I am an android searching for something. Not doing any robot moves or noises just in my head you know?

Also if I walking with woman/women I HAVE to be on the edge next to the road, don't know why but I get freaked out if not.

So what oddities do my fellow commuters have?
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

Comments

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    symo wrote:
    ............ do you do but wouldn't readily admit to. I am not interested in the weird fetishes some of you will have but what you actually do that is a quirky for you.

Me, I sometimes go to late night shopping listening to techy/minimal drum and bass and pretend I am an android searching for something. Not doing any robot moves or noises just in my head you know?

Also if I walking with woman/women I HAVE to be on the edge next to the road, don't know why but I get freaked out if not.

So what oddities do my fellow commuters have?

I have too many to list :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    NGale wrote:

I have too many to list :shock:

We're all ears, start listing :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    I always ride straight across the S in STOP when printed on the road to make a dollar sign in the hope it will attract money to me.
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    I've lways got to put on/take off clothing left side first (ie left sock on then right, or left arm into a T-shirt first). On the one occasion someone had to help me dress, they put my shirt on the "wrong way"; when I was capable I took it off & put it on the right way....
  • flicksta
    flicksta Posts: 157
    prj45 wrote:
    I always ride straight across the S in STOP when printed on the road to make a dollar sign in the hope it will attract money to me.

You are supposed to stop there :wink:

I ride between the S and L in SLOW, making sure I don't touch the paint.
  • prj45
    flicksta wrote:
    You are supposed to stop there :wink:

I ride between the S and L in SLOW, making sure I don't touch the paint.

Har har. I actually did mean SLOW signs *belms at self*.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I always tend to do things in threes, like slices of toast, sets of cultery purchased, plates, shirts, etc.

Also always eat the crust off a sandwich or toast first, often on all the toast/sandwiches I will have before eating the inside. I don't know why but it feels right and I do it sub-conciously now most of the time.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • I cannot wear odd socks. My girlfriend does and it drives me nuts.
    I cannot eat three weetabix, must be either two or four.
    Ditto toast.
    I cannot use lip balm.

I'm sure there's more, but I don't have time to think of any, as I need to take the dog out.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • I have to straighten out blister packs once the pill or whatever has been popped out.

Cadburys fingers trays etc too.
    My Mrs can have a whale of a time poking bits in and watching me put them right. she's even sent me MMS's of them cos she knows it nibbles away at me knowing theres nothing I can do about it.

and when washing up , every last bubble of foam has to be cleaned off the sink & bowl.
  • I avoid using spoons in other people's houses - but knives and forks are fine. Go figure
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I avoid using spoons in other people's houses - but knives and forks are fine. Go figure

Is that because spoons definitely go into the mouth whereas knives obviously don't and forks tend not to beyond the point where the food sits?
  • Matt.K
    Matt.K Posts: 105
    I cannot wear odd socks. My girlfriend does and it drives me nuts.

Same here. But she doesn't just wear different colour socks, she wears completely different styles, such as a normal sock on one foot and one of those small trainer socks on the other. It really freaks me out.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    symo wrote:

I have to be on the left when walking in a pair with someone else. I mean, I don't go spazzy if I'm not, but do feel uneasy!
  • Coriander
    biondino wrote:
    symo wrote:

I have to be on the left when walking in a pair with someone else. I mean, I don't go spazzy if I'm not, but do feel uneasy!

I don't mind which side I am when I start walking in a pair with someone, but I do have to stay on that side otherwise I feel uneasy.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    My car radio volume has to be on an even number.

I also tend to eat weetabix in twos or fours, so thank you Salsa, all of a sudden I'm not alone in the world.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • prj45

Don't tell me she wear unmatching bra and pants too?

She does doesn't she.

DUMP HER!
  • I always have to have the toilet roll 'hanging' from the holder the right way, i.e. comes over the top and is ready to rip off in the front, not hanging down the back. I have often changed them around in other peoples houses :oops:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • gert_lush wrote:
    I always have to have the toilet roll 'hanging' from the holder the right way, i.e. comes over the top and is ready to rip off in the front, not hanging down the back. I have often changed them around in other peoples houses :oops:

Oooh me too... :oops:
  • Coriander
    gert_lush wrote:
    I always have to have the toilet roll 'hanging' from the holder the right way, i.e. comes over the top and is ready to rip off in the front, not hanging down the back. I have often changed them around in other peoples houses :oops:

And me. :oops:

I've even changed them again after they've changed them back. :oops:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    gert_lush wrote:

Me three, but the wife likes it the other way round upstairs it drives me crazy! :evil:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Coriander wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:

haha I'm sure theer are people who then go around changing what I have changed back to how they like it, a never ending task!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Matt.K wrote:

Same here. But she doesn't just wear different colour socks, she wears completely different styles, such as a normal sock on one foot and one of those small trainer socks on the other. It really freaks me out.

I have socks that have a left sock and a right sock (no not for windowlickers, the insignia is on the outside) and it bugs me when they're not paried properly, my missus can't work this out, yet I'll get corrected :lol: if I fold her knickeres the wrong way
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    prawny wrote:
    the wife likes it the other way round upstairs

She certainly does!
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    biondino wrote:
    prawny wrote:

She certainly does!

snigger :lol:
    us0.png
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    biondino wrote:
    prawny wrote:

She certainly does!

Damn you!

Not with me she doesn't :x
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Attica wrote:

YES! Actually, any radio with a numerical display has to be on even!

If I accidentally drag a foot or tap it somewhere I do the other one to 'even it up', similarly if I take a couple of stairs at a time leading with my left leg I have to do the other one too.

I empty out packets of M&Ms and sort them into colour order (and sort Haribos etc. into 'types'...maybe...cough cough).

When taking money out, I make sure the Queen's head is facing me in my wallet with notes in descending order (highest denomination at the back, coming through to the £5 notes at the front). If I have coins on a surface they get stacked in size order (£2, 50p, 10p, £1, 1p, 20p and 5p on the top...I think, the 1p and 20p might be the other way round)

Things have to be straight on surfaces too, none of these funny angles...

...maybe I do have a slight case of OCD! :)
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • lastant wrote:
    Attica wrote:

YES! Actually, any radio with a numerical display has to be on even!

If I accidentally drag a foot or tap it somewhere I do the other one to 'even it up', similarly if I take a couple of stairs at a time leading with my left leg I have to do the other one too.

I empty out packets of M&Ms and sort them into colour order (and sort Haribos etc. into 'types'...maybe...cough cough).

When taking money out, I make sure the Queen's head is facing me in my wallet with notes in descending order (highest denomination at the back, coming through to the £5 notes at the front). If I have coins on a surface they get stacked in size order (£2, 50p, 10p, £1, 1p, 20p and 5p on the top...I think, the 1p and 20p might be the other way round)

Things have to be straight on surfaces too, none of these funny angles...

...maybe I do have a slight case of OCD! :)

The only argument is whether its 'slight' or not Mr Hughes
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • The volume on my TV has to be on an even number, or 25, 50 e.t.c, anything else looks untidy.

I have to finish crossing the road before a car passes, even if it's on the other side and nowhere near me.

:D
  • d21dga
    d21dga Posts: 113
    Coriander wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:

I hang it the other way round :lol:
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Coriander wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:

I hadn't even thought of this one, add me in a "me too" also.

And toilet rolls in two ply types have to hve the perforations lined up, if someone has done a single ply around I have to roll more until it lines up again (IE they have taken the top layer of the toilet roll not the top two ply sheet, if that makes sense).
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)