OT: Your favourite song right now!

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
OK some background. Mates stag do, I went to Southend to listen to metal bands Forever Never and Skindred, which is more of a metal and sometimes ragga (reggea or ska) and drum&bass fusion.

Since that point onwards I cannot get enough of Skindred. I ride my bike there's Skindred on my iPod, I go home and Skindred is on my PC. Yesterday I went to bed singing a Skindred song, dreamt about singing the song and woke myself up singing the song. :shock: I kid you not. Though I must point out that very rarely does a song affect me in such a way. Still I love them. I really do and there is nothing better than being on the bikes the lights going green, me accelerating past everyone and the chorus hitting just as I'm free ahead of everyone going 'Day's like these'

And with that I give you my favourite song right now!

Skindred: Days like these

My question is to you, what is your favourite song right now?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Litigation - Mariachi El Bronx
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    30 Seconds to Mars, "Kings and Queens" - largely because I think this video's so cool. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMX3qv1N37s
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Probably Ignorance by Paramore. Oooh power pop goodness 8)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Spanish Ladies - alla Jaws... No idea why but the little fecker keeps singing around in my head. I quite like it fortunately.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • cheehee
    cheehee Posts: 427
    symo wrote:
    Litigation - Mariachi El Bronx

I like that one too.

I'm also enjoying the new from the Bombay Bicycle Club
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    It's called an ear worm after the german word Ohrwurm (Linsen, feel free to correct my spelling, I'm sure there should be at least one umlaut in there too)

Mine at the moment is "I'm F**king Matt Damon" by Sarah Silverman (it's on youtube).
    Annoyingly catchy, moronic tune but it's been stuck in my head for two days now.
    So not my favourite, but a constant companion argh.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • prawny
    Attica wrote:
    It's called an ear worm after the german word Ohrwurm (Linsen, feel free to correct my spelling, I'm sure there should be at least one umlaut in there too)

Mine at the moment is "I'm F**king Matt Damon" by Sarah Silverman (it's on youtube).
    Annoyingly catchy, moronic tune but it's been stuck in my head for two days now.
    So not my favourite, but a constant companion argh.

Is it weird that I fancy her too?
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • attica
    prawny wrote:

Haha, she is cute and funny, so it's not weird.
    Although Prawny, you do seem to fancy an awful lot of women, perhaps a cold shower is in order? :wink:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I don't have one at the moment - which is odd for me - guess it's becasue i'm listening to mainly old stuff at moment.
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Julien by Placebo from the latest album. Not taken the CD out of the car stereo since the day it came was released!!!
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • Changes every five minutes or so, but currently it's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDPIFI5ByOs

Dance by Danko Jones. Play loud.
  • A Touch of Kindness, Elliiot Murphy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=816HmnSo-Pg
  • prawny
    Attica wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Haha, she is cute and funny, so it's not weird.
    Although Prawny, you do seem to fancy an awful lot of women, perhaps a cold shower is in order? :wink:

You may be right, mmm Claudia Winkleman. Dammit! :x
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I'm going through a Tom Waits period at the moment, my faves just now are Blue Valentine & Heart attack and Vine. I've just started listening to the Eels again, I just love Wooden Nickels :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm really loving Shrinebuilder right now, it's a 'super group' made up from members of
    Saint Vitus/The Obsessed/Hidden Hand (Wino), Neurosis (Scott Kelly), Sleep/Om (Al Cisneros) and Melvins/Altamont (Dave Crover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL4BkunJqes

they're playing roadburn in April and I'm already a little too excited :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I saw the Wailers at the weekend, which was basically some remaining members of the group, plus others and a greay Bob-a-like singer (who is also a great artist in his own right names Elan).

I grew up and learned Bass becuase of Bob & The Wailers, but was too young to have seen them live.

This was the next best thing. Close your eyes and you're there.

Great crowd, great gig, so I've been on the BMW one all week since.....

DDD - was gig at Chinnerys?
  • DonDaddyD
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    DDD - was gig at Chinnerys?

Oh yes!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2009
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I'm really loving Shrinebuilder right now, it's a 'super group' made up from members of
    Saint Vitus/The Obsessed/Hidden Hand (Wino), Neurosis (Scott Kelly), Sleep/Om (Al Cisneros) and Melvins/Altamont (Dave Crover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL4BkunJqes

they're playing roadburn in April and I'm already a little too excited :lol:

I loving this! I could climb a lot of hills and scalp a lot of people to this...

Edit: Actually mate, that song is the f*cking nuts! Awesome, 8mins of bliss.

Thank you :shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

• attica
    prawny wrote:
    You may be right, mmm Claudia Winkleman. Dammit! :x

dammit, you've got me at it now, I prefer Claudia's half sister, the one who plays Big Suze in Peep Show, and then there was the American girl before her and - quite bizarrely - Dobby.

I am worrying myself now. :oops:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Just to cheer myself up, between now and March, the Beatles "Here Comes the Sun" will be a regular on my playlist. :lol:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I've got to say that's not boring, but it's atrociously bad
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • DonDaddyD
    WHAT!

:shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Taken by Trees' cover version of "Sweet Child o' Mine" (currently featuring on the John Lewis TV ad)

Ian
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Just to cheer myself up, between now and March, the Beatles "Here Comes the Sun" will be a regular on my playlist. :lol:

I do something similar but with ELO's "Mr Blue sky"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    I heard a real old favourite of mine, 'Echo Beach' by Martha & the Muffins in a sandwich bar the other day and I've been humming it to myself ever since. I must be getting old...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    I heard a real old favourite of mine, 'Echo Beach' by Martha & the Muffins in a sandwich bar the other day and I've been humming it to myself ever since. I must be getting old...

That takes me back to my sixth form days when that would be a regular on the Jukebox in our favourite watering hole, The Fenton
  • Clever Pun
    edited November 2009
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I've got to say that's not boring, but it's atrociously bad

+1 skindred are utter an co<khat of a band, but each to their own

they're a poor mans One Minute Silence who are also rubbish puesdo political @ssgravy
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That takes me back to my sixth form days when that would be a regular on the Jukebox in our favourite watering hole, The Fenton

Leeds?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Can't Hardly Wait - The Replacements
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Can't Hardly Wait - The Replacements

Good shout. Take it you are a fan of Spaklehorse too? Saw then many moons ago in Glasgow. You now have Rainmaker going through my head.....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"