I've finally got my new bike

Steve_b77
Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
edited November 2009 in Road beginners
The voucher arrived last weekend, so off I went and collected my new bike.

It's a Raleigh Airlite U6 Race, with full Ultegra 6600, RS20 wheel set and FSA Carbonpro/OS finishing kit.

Just gotta get out and ride it now, once this wind & rain dies down.

4133932348_2f7a106d70_b.jpg

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,751
    Nice bike, what bottle cages have you got on it (I'm looking for some nice ones for mine)?
  • Steve_b77
    They're Outland ones (thought I'd keep the Raleigh theme going)

£7 each from Cyclelife places, they do Carbon ones for about £28 if you've got cash to burn :D
  • cheehee
    cheehee Posts: 427
    Nice bike there chief. In my humble opinion it would look mega with some white bar tape, would really set it off.

Cheehee
  • shiney, how much do they retail for?
  • Steve_b77
    cheehee wrote:
    Nice bike there chief. In my humble opinion it would look mega with some white bar tape, would really set it off.

Cheehee

I took the white bar tape off as I didn't like it :lol: I liek the way the red goes with the red stripe on the front of the forks
  • Steve_b77
    shiney, how much do they retail for?

Around £1350 I think, didn't pay full retail, infact didn't even pay within 25% 8)
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    Could be my monitor slightly tilted, but your saddle looks to be pointing down - so I would check that out.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Needs white bar tape.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    Percy Vera wrote:
    Could be my monitor slightly tilted, but your saddle looks to be pointing down - so I would check that out.

whats wrong with that.
    nice bike. good to see the old brand keeping alive.
  • I am so jealous. I had one of those until July. Wanted to see if the wheels would buckle if I went up the back of something :lol: Instead I broke and the frame broke.

Unfortunately Raleigh don't supply spare frames so I've got all the components hanging about. I managed to get a Comp frame off ebay but got screwed by the seller. It wasn't described as it should have been :x . Wrong size and other things.

Anyone want to buy a frameset ????? Its verrrry nice.

Anyway enjoy, I certainly did why it lasted. Fantastic bit of kit
  • Steve_b77
    Percy Vera wrote:

It is, ever so slightly.

I've had a spirit level on it and it's just below horizontal. I have my MTB & commuter saddles set the same and thats nice and comfy for me.

Cabelly-> I think you can get the frames from Graham Weigh Cycles in Shotton near Queensferry
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Needs white bar tape.
    ...and less than 42871498 spacers under the stem. :shock:

Apart from that, it's a lovely bike.
  • That's a nice bike Steve. Yep, it's good to see the old Raleigh name on some new bikes. I know that the company has been through all kinds of problems over the years and that it isn't the same company that was once Englands largest bike manufacturer, but there's definitely a market place for them.

I've got a 1988 Raleigh Strada 531. It's done about 60,000 miles, and I've always found it to be a comfortable bike that suited my needs. Only recently I decided to move it to the winter bike category after I bought a Cannondale Synapse carbon, (fabulous bike!). I keep the Raleigh spotless and well polished, and still love going out on it. Well - it's no problem riding a twenty year old bike when you're an old fart!