And another Spanish doping ring

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2009 in Pro race
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap ... &type=lgns

I'm sure around Puerto time frame there was talk of a similar setup in Valencia...
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Gather up all the available evidence, then place it under judicial lock and key.
    Judge Serrano to ham it up again. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
  • it is interesting to note that viru was a friend of the USPS / Disco doctor, and obviously gave the boys a heads up on tests. It explains alot of why ex-USPS riders were caught after they left the inner-sanctum / protection of the sir lancealot crew and not while they were riding with the team....heras etc..
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Yet again Manzano's allegations prove to have large elements of truth in them;

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/manzano ... tivities-1
  • http://twitter.com/cyclingfansanon

direct and to the point....

in essence....spain is a very convenient place to live as a cyclist.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    andyp wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/manzano ... tivities-1

Ooh, and they mention the US Postal/Discovery doctor there are well. Surely cyclingnews will have to remove that reference ASAP?

Tinfoil hats at the ready!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:

You laugh, but all the Lance related Cycling Report's have been removed...
  • iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

are you frickin seriious? at least Oprah has been cancelled so he cannot appear on the show and jump up and down on her sofa proclaiming his love for Johan Bruyneel
  • iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Tinfoil hats?
    More like kevlar, coated with teflon and cut in Saville Row or Milan.
    Lawyers working overtime again........
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    Yet again, it would appear that Manzano was right. UCI hide their heads in sand pit on spanish beach........
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

generally? or specific one about today's story out of spain? :shock:
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

generally? or specific one about today's story out of spain? :shock:

No, my "comedy" series on Xtranormal (you know, with Bobby and Pierre)
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    Note team 'physician' ....

STATEMENT OF LANCE ARMSTRONG, U.S. POSTAL SERVICE PRO CYCLING TEAM
    For many years now, dating back to 1990, Chris Carmichael has been my coach and most important technical and training advisor. Others who work with Chris include Johan Bruyneel, my director sportif, John Cobb, in charge of aerodynamics, Dr. Luis del Moral, our team physician and Jeff Spencer my chiropractor.

Also included are my close friends, former Belgian champion Eddy Merckx and former Motorola team director Jim Ochowitz.

Chris and I met Michele Ferrari during a training camp in San Diego, California, in 1995. His primary role has always been limited. Since Chris cannot be in Europe on an ongoing basis, Michele does my physiological testing and provides Chris with that data on a regular basis. Chris has grown to trust Michele's opinion regarding my testing and my form on the bike. And lately, we have been specifically working on a run at the hour record. I do not know exactly when I will do that, only that I will in the near future.

He has also consulted with Chris and me on dieting, altitude preparation, hypoxic training and the use of altitude tents, which are all natural methods of improvements.

In the past, I have never denied my relationship with Michele Ferrari. On the other hand, I have never gone out of my way to publicize it. The reason for that is that he has had a questionable public reputation due to the irresponsible comments he made in 1994 regarding EPO.

I want to make it clear that I do not associate myself with those remarks or, for that matter, with anyone who utilizes unethical sporting procedures. However, in my personal experience I have never had occasion to question the ethics or standard of care of Michele. Specifically, he has never discussed EPO with me and I have never used it.
    I have always been very clear on the necessity of cycling to be a clean sport and I have firmly stated that anyone, including me, who tests positive for banned substances should be severely punished.

As everyone knows, I am one of the very few riders who have no prescriptions in my health book. I have been repeatedly tested during my career including during the entire 1999 and 2000 Tours de France and most recently during the Tour de Suisse ten days ago.
  • cswebbo wrote:

STATEMENT OF LANCE ARMSTRONG, U.S. POSTAL SERVICE PRO CYCLING TEAM

I want to make it clear that I do not associate myself with .... anyone who utilizes unethical sporting procedures. .

Is making off with all the astana team cars during the tour stranding the yellow jersey unethical?
    cswebbo wrote:
    As everyone knows, I am one of the very few riders who have no prescriptions in my health book.

Other than cortisone?
  • More history, badly in need of a re-write, I see. :wink:
    I'm sure there'll be a volunteer or two around shortly.

Contentpolis are not having a great week:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/content ... d-in-spain
  • iainf72
    The Austrian police has also just dismantled another doping ring. The majority of the customers were in the UK, Germany and Bulgaria. It also seems they didn't follow the drug storage procedures.

Between Austria and Spain...
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    think this is another ring that goes beyond just cycling as if stories are true Viru had the customer listed from either Fuentes or Ferrari can't remember which.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    CFA takes it all far too seriously. I'd not have much faith in what they write anyway - they sound like a loon - albeit with truth in the mix somewhere.
  • Do the Spanish watch Monty Python?
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/civil-g ... cion-grial
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227

of course! :lol::lol:

I think it was a little tongue in cheek from the police probably as the Grail was used to drink jesus blood wasn't it? :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Iain, any chance of an update from Bobby and Pierre?

seems not all removed..the ones he likes stay http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5721683/
  • Tinfoil hats at the ready![/quote]

:D:D:D
    Dan
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    andyp wrote:
    In which case he could well find a horse's head on his pillow in the morning. There's nothing like the facts to make some influential people very jumpy.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Simon E wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    In which case he could well find a horse's head on his pillow in the morning. There's nothing like the facts to make some influential people very jumpy.

You watch too many movies. :lol:

Manzano said everything he had to say in 2004 but you might forget that the law was recently changed in Spain (mid September) and now doping is considered a crime. Before it wasn’t and that is why Puerto never came to anything, the Guardia Civil would have probably put all of them in jail, and may be even the judge too but the law in Spain was clear – the only thing they could incriminate Fuentes with was with risk to public health (by not storing those blood bags correctly).
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Javier Ochoa, he who won one of my favourite stages of recent years at Hautacam in 2000, has denied he has any involvement after being question by police.

Admits knew Viru from time at Kelme but says he's only met him four times since for stress tests.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ochoa-denies-involvement-in-operacion-grial

One question about that CN article. It says Ochoa was "left paralyzed" after the accident that killed his brother in 2001. Now leaving aside the American spelling of paralised, isn't that the wrong word. Surely it's partially paralised or severely disabled, as doesn't paralised suggest he can't move at all? Unless of course he was initially paralised but made a partial recovery. Just bored and curious!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    cougie wrote:
    CFA takes it all far too seriously. I'd not have much faith in what they write anyway - they sound like a loon - albeit with truth in the mix somewhere.

Cycling needs more like CFA. She's honest, hard working and dedicated.