what drivel

20/20
20/20 Posts: 26
I’m amazed at some of the rubbish written in this forum, it’s no wonder that triathlon where we need to excel in three sports (plus transition) has pushed the boundaries of training and sports development.

Can I suggest that you guys look at some of the excellent Tri focused sights for an insight into modern proven training methods, particularly cadence.

Youll be faster, smoother and more stylish and given what ive seen of club runs you could all do with cleaning your bikes more often. Losing the mud guards would be a step forward too.

20/20

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Aces! If only I'd known!

While we're playing the generalisation game... Could you guys Tri (gerrit?) riding in a straight line some time?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    20/20 wrote:
    I’m amazed at some of the rubbish written in this forum, it’s no wonder that triathlon where we need to excel in three sports (plus transition) has pushed the boundaries of training and sports development.

Can I suggest that you guys look at some of the excellent Tri focused sights for an insight into modern proven training methods, particularly cadence.

Youll be faster, smoother and more stylish and given what ive seen of club runs you could all do with cleaning your bikes more often. Losing the mud guards would be a step forward too.

20/20

Can I suggest school?
  • 20/20
    Aces! If only I'd known!

While we're playing the generalisation game... Could you guys Tri (gerrit?) riding in a straight line some time?

yes ive heard this many times we cant ride in straight lines etc but its just not true. I rode in a rode race recently and the quality of bike handling was an eye opener. Ive never seen anything like it before!!!!

On the subject of the road race I did, (which I of course won) i noticed there was lots of "sitting in" and spinning of the gears. I reccomend a simple improvement stick it in a big gear and leave it there.

I won because the superior training available to triathletes allowed me to believe in myself and break away fro a solo win. Triathletes dont need to draft we can ride strongly for ourselves.

20/20
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I rode in a rode race
    :?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Yes - I seem to remember Spencer Smith setting the cycling scene on fire when he tried it.....

Not that I'm knocking him - he's caught me several times at IM distance races - after giving me a head start.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Awesome. Just what I needed to get me through the afternoon.

As you were.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Is this giantsasquatch in disguise? Any minute now he'll be arguing with himself about compacts and spinning :lol:
    More problems but still living....
  • 20/20
    One of the by products of the superior training advances that triathletes have developed is our figures. Because we don’t need to spend days stooped over our handle bars and can train all areas of the body, we have better physiques and core strength.

This means we can achieve more from less cycling specific training and is something you could all benefit from.

Additionally our straighter backs more defined torso’s and more muscular build is more attractive to women and this is reflected in the numbers of chicks involved.

20/20

My training website will be going live soon and for a small fee you will gain access to some of the most advanced training thoughts on the planet.
  • redddraggon
    20/20 wrote:
    One of the by products of the superior training advances that triathletes have developed is our figures. Because we don’t need to spend days stooped over our handle bars and can train all areas of the body, we have better physiques and core strength.

This means we can achieve more from less cycling specific training and is something you could all benefit from.

Additionally our straighter backs more defined torso’s and more muscular build is more attractive to women and this is reflected in the numbers of chicks involved.

20/20

My training website will be going live soon and for a small fee you will gain access to some of the most advanced training thoughts on the planet.

But you all look stupid:

_40418287_triathlete203_270.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    Freak:

lance-armstrong-triathlete.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    c0023.jpg

yeah looks great :wink:
  • Pokerface
    This is what happens when your cadence becomes too high (and why we stick to bikes):

poop.gif
  • 20/20
    [But you all look stupid:

_40418287_triathlete203_270.jpg

Thats not a serious comment surely? sure there are some oddball characters but were inclusive and supportive. Attitude is important too and this is another area where cycling would be improved.

Sure we have elitist attitudes too but we do our bragging on the course not in a winter club run conducted at geriatric speed. What is the point of those really? long base conditioning? an outdated and dicreditied technique.
  • 20/20
    My god I had no idea you guys kept pictures of us!

dont deny it till youve tri'd it
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Q.How do you find an Ironman bore at a party ?

A.You dont - he'lll find you !
  • Anonymous
    edited November 2009
    Tri geeks can be sooo dull!
  • Anonymous
    No. Just, well, no.

Triathlete20Steve.jpg
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    will3 wrote:
    c0023.jpg

yeah looks great :wink:

is that a camel toe?
    if so i would not brag about tri women :shock:
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Try-athletes - Definition: Cannot succeed at one sport so Tri 3, incapable of holding their line in a proper bunch due to the lack of 'dual spirit levels'(see Tri-bars) fitted onto their handlebars, usually found tri-ing to run in swimming shorts and easily identified by the visual chaffing on the inner thighs. Usually turn up to Time trials in a Blue BMW M3 and ride bikes with the price tag still visible, after the TT can be found making excuses about how the 10 mile run before the event has left their legs tired.

Sourced online from a reliable source.... :wink:
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    This is the most entertainment I've had all afternoon :lol:
  • 20/20
    Its true the average triathlete is better equipped and takes advantage of the performance gains offered by the latest product developments. Its only natural to do this, after all we hone our bodies for the best performance. Why eschew the latest kit for the sake of misplaced loyalty to outdated techniques or culture?

Ti bars look good, make you faster but require more skill to use in a bunch. As i have advanced bike handling skills following a training course in La Santa I am comfortable to use them in company.

I understand that most cyclists dont have the skills and fear that i might fall off and cause injury but i am trained and my hands are exactly the same distance from the brakes as when im riding on the tops so your fears are without foundation.
  • Pokerface
    I was wondering how long it would take frenchfighter to show up on the training forum. 8)
  • 20/20
    Pokerface wrote:
    I was wondering how long it would take frenchfighter to show up on the training forum. 8)

Yes ive read some of the stuff from ff. Its one of the reasons i thought i could add value to your cycling experience by sharing modern proven and scientific theories and facts.

One of the things ive noticed is Contador would probabaly perform even better in the time trials with a slightly better position. Bio Mechanically speaking I would trial a saddle position further forward in relation to his bottom bracket. This would engage his thigh muscles slightly differently and allow a lower and more aero position without compromising power output. Net effect being he could win the long time tout time trial irrespective of motorcycle drafting.

I doubt he could compete effectively in some of our draft free events.
  • While the OP obviously isn't out to win any friends here, I think there is the hint of a valid point amongst his raging egotism. From my experience, some (by no means all) cyclists do seem a little bit set in their ways when it comes to training, and get a bit sniffy at the suggestion that they might benefit from doing something other than cycling. Having said that, I often run with triathletes and they really will believe any old sh1t so long as it's dressed up in pseudo-scientific language - a lot of the 'latest training techniques' I've been told about are either not that new or are of highly dubious provenance - but you can still run a successful tri coaching business off the back of it.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    My knees would not let me do triathlons, and I'd rater not look like a puff and at the same time have shiyte running down my leg.
  • Anonymous
    20/20 wrote:
    Its true the average triathlete is better equipped and takes advantage of the performance gains offered by the latest product developments. Its only natural to do this, after all we hone our bodies for the best performance. Why eschew the latest kit for the sake of misplaced loyalty to outdated techniques or culture?

Ti bars look good, make you faster but require more skill to use in a bunch. As i have advanced bike handling skills following a training course in La Santa I am comfortable to use them in company.

I understand that most cyclists dont have the skills and fear that i might fall off and cause injury but i am trained and my hands are exactly the same distance from the brakes as when im riding on the tops so your fears are without foundation.

Can't move for tri bars in the pro peloton in any Grand tour, one day classic or a local crit. they are TT specific.

What race were you in and when was it ?

What category are you ?

What qualifications, palmares do you have to back all this up ?

Why do you think coming on a cycling forum and telling us we are wrong is going to make us listen to you ?

I bet you are wearing speedos, baseball hat and neon sun block typing your drivel. :D

Now run along and do some brick interval things. :roll:
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    20/20 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Yes ive read some of the stuff from ff. Its one of the reasons i thought i could add value to your cycling experience by sharing modern proven and scientific theories and facts.

One of the things ive noticed is Contador would probabaly perform even better in the time trials with a slightly better position. Bio Mechanically speaking I would trial a saddle position further forward in relation to his bottom bracket. This would engage his thigh muscles slightly differently and allow a lower and more aero position without compromising power output. Net effect being he could win the long time tout time trial irrespective of motorcycle drafting.

I doubt he could compete effectively in some of our draft free events.

Just shows your complete ignorance...

Try reading the UCI rulebook before you start offering suggestions.
  • redddraggon
    He's a WUM so why are people actually responding to him seriously?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Would we be better off using a compact with our tri bars?