RPCC Ride - 28th/29th Nov

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
In stark contrast to last week I appear to be on the ball nice and early! :oops:

That said, the weather is looking pretty bloody awful for most of the week and weekend as far as I can tell :evil:

Regardless, I'm out for this weekend again - track session in Newport with a few fello 'Mos, Phipsy and Berns12 included so the three of us are already out. Hopefully there's still a good few folk wanting to ride though...

So, for those of you coming to join us, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as different start times seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped (unless a 'hoonfest' is on the cards - see note * below) :arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-30mins)
I say it every week, but it remains true so I won't stop: As ever we'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! 8)

It would also be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too - not sure where they've all gone or if they've stopped watching these threads due to the emergence of the hoonfest, but hopefully some of you might venture out again this weekend, if not sometime soon...? :?

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend? :shock: 8) :

Comments

• FHKJ
    FHKJ Posts: 151
    Weather does indeed look shite, but I need a ride Sunday so I will show my face for the first time come hell or (probable) high water. See you then.

Francis
  • Sorry - I shall be indulging in another activity where I waste too much money on kit - skiing 8)

And hoping for some precipitation
  • Sorry - I shall be indulging in another activity where I waste too much money on kit - skiing 8)
    And hoping for some precipitation
    Early trip - where are you going?
  • Looks like Zermatt but only have flights to Zurich booked at the mo - will depend on the very latest forecast exactly where we end up
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • phips wrote:
    Jealous!

Mind, I'm off to Hintertux the following weekend ;)

Nice. There looks to be a storm blowing in - should make things good for both this weekend and next
  • I'm also away for this weekend, risking my neck in Cairo taxis.
    Safe riding (and skiing) everyone.
  • If the weathers good on Sat morning, I could be tempted for a quick spin out through Surrey. Failing this I may go for a ride with Kingston Wheelers on Sunday, who I have just joined. Got my name down for the Marmotte, so sufficient incentive to keep the winter riding up.
  • Off-topic, but intrigued to see an interloper has joined the Dynamos. He's calling himself Voxegam. Coincidence?
  • Rich-Ti
    Off-topic, but intrigued to see an interloper has joined the Dynamos. He's calling himself Voxegam. Coincidence?
    Well he used to blag a draft on the Saturday park rides so it's about time he joined... :wink::lol:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I am on call Saturday, well I might finallly get out or work sunday about 10ish, so I dont think I will be around for a ride. (particularly depending on how many beatings, car crashes, fallings over etc decide to rock up at work in the preceding 24 hours)

I have been off the bike for two weeks,and trying my best to work my way through the cooking lager which has been sitting around my house. Anyway I have some new bike related toys for enjoyment, so I hope to up the enthusiasm and the fitness. In fact I just did a lap of the Ottershaw circuit to test aforesaid toys which seem to work very nicely. Also I have fixed my bike and my training wheels, so I can nnow venture out in iffy weather again (including commuting)

Hope to catch you guys soon. Enjoy the velodrome - p[erhaps I should give that a go sometime - no hills :D

p.s. voxegam - i stand corrected regarding gamma-GT, but cytochrome P450 2E1 is where its at these days ;)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Off-topic, but intrigued to see an interloper has joined the Dynamos. He's calling himself Voxegam. Coincidence?
    Well he used to blag a draft on the Saturday park rides so it's about time he joined... :wink::lol:

Lol, nah haven't and wont be joining them, merely the forums just to stay in touch with whats happening in SW London......am loyal to my local welsh club :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • riding fixed atm and dont enjoy hills much but if i can be arsed to collect my geared bike i will show my face :D
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • hey Ed, long time. Am out showing off my mo at the movember gala party tonight, so it may be a easy solo ride tomorrow morn.

Enjoy the weekends riding all, looks like we have been blessed with some great weather again :(
  • hi - am back in toon and have the geared bike now so will be about - not tomorrow tho as have been volunteered for some removals.
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • FHKJ
    FHKJ Posts: 151
    Anyone planning to ride tomorrow???
  • i'll be heading out
  • Rich-Ti
    Good to go for this coming weekend - who's coming?! :shock: