is Garmin are "wigan" who are "chelsea"

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited November 2009 in Pro race
if as wiggo says he is only playing for wigan who are the other teams ?

Comments

• Saxo Bank are Chelsea, Sky Manchester City, The Shack are Arsenal circa late-90s, Silence Lotto I'd say are Spurs, full of promise but rarely deliver. BMC next year will be West Brom, and Footon Servetto are probably someone like Millwall.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Silence Lotto I'd say are Spurs, full of promise but rarely deliver.

So after today's match, looks like Silence-Lotto are going to win at least another monument next season.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    columbia are villa, lots of good pacy attackers, but wont win the big trophies (ie win 1 day races and stages but not grand tours)
  • Katyusha - they're Russian-owned!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Coming out of the Premiership, Astana could be Real Madrid - constant state of upheaval and controversy, but still very successful. If Contador left, they'd be more like Newcastle - the team we all love to laugh at.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Well on today's performance Wigan are more like a class of 8 year olds doing their cycling proficiency than Garmin.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Cofidis are Everton: principled, not as big as they think they are and decent riders leave when they want to win something.

BT are West Ham: Great youth set up. Not so good when playing against men.

Lampre are dirty dirty Leeds.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Timoid. wrote:
    Cofidis are Everton: principled, not as big as they think they are and decent riders leave when they want to win something.

BT are West Ham: Great youth set up. Not so good when playing against men.

Lampre are dirty dirty Leeds.

:lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    RichN95 wrote:
    Well on today's performance Wigan are more like a class of 8 year olds doing their cycling proficiency than Garmin.

ouch
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • quick step are a bit like liverpool, they have some top members in their squad and on their day can beat anyone but often fall short in the longer events
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Rabobank must be Newcastle: fervent black and white/orange support from one small corner of England/Europe but with almost no memorable wins despite a sizeable budget. Entertaining at times - see Paris Nice this year, but famous for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, Gesink's crashes, Flecha's bungled attacks, Menchov "only" coming second in Giro.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Good analogy, but Menchov won the Giro.