Heads Up on a Nice bag at a nice price

macondo01
macondo01 Posts: 706
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
These guys outdoor kit have this bag Vaude Ultra Trail 20 backpack for £35 plus postage
http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=4593

Eurobike Award winner bag. Whatever it looks like a good bag.

That's at least £20 quid off the the normal price of around £65.

I've ordered one.
"Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon

Comments

• amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    I have the 28 litre version of that bag, you won't be disappointed.
  • That's nice to know - thanks.

I really think outdoor kit have marked the wrong price on their website. :shock:

National Lampoon
  • sashmo
    sashmo Posts: 113
    Looks interesting. Do you know how the bag contacts your back? To avoid a sweaty back, I'm after a bag that, instead of the main body of the bag contacting your back, there is a mesh layer that contacts your back and then there is an air gap to the bag itself.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    sashmo wrote:
    Looks interesting. Do you know how the bag contacts your back? To avoid a sweaty back, I'm after a bag that, instead of the main body of the bag contacting your back, there is a mesh layer that contacts your back and then there is an air gap to the bag itself.

http://www.ubergear.co.uk/Vaude-Ultratrail-20.html has a "contact side" view, and the "Back system" tab on the page says:

"Aeroflex
    A backpack that doesn’t lay directly against your back: the patented, lightweight, high quality sprung steel frame keeps the pack at a distance creating optimal ventilation for your back. "
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • sashmo
    sashmo Posts: 113
    Brilliant, thanks :)
  • I didnt know it did that - cool!

National Lampoon
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I have a smaller version of this that I use commuting. Great wee rucksack. Light, versatile, has its own cover. Just nice for day on the MTB or to take some light stuff to the office.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Rucksack came a few days ago - very pleased with it - comfortable, simple and really well made. The set up makes the load seem lighter somehow. :D

National Lampoon