Thanks to some very kind fellows

herc264
herc264 Posts: 14
Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this sort of thing, but...

I was on a solo training ride this morning - about 25 miles from home and somewhere between staines and windsor when the heavens opened and i got a puncture in my front tyre. At this moment the heavens opened and in my rush to change the flat i managed to rip my spare tube... It was too wet for my pre-glued patches to stick so I was faced with a long walk to the nearest train station...

At this point the first good samaritans rocked up (on a tandem) and gave me their spare tube - which was either faulty or i managed to tear my second inner tube in about 10 mins.

So - back to walking again when a group from the London Dynamos stopped, gave me another new inner tube and hung around in the deluge for long enough to make sure that i was good to go.

So - morale of the story is carry more than one spare inner if you are as cack handed with the tyre levers as I apparently am.

Also - many thanks to the two sets of riders who stopped to make sure I was ok when the weather was so minging that all anyone can have been thinking about is getting home.

Cyclists are a good bunch.

Comments

• herc264 wrote:
    Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this sort of thing, but...

I was on a solo training ride this morning - about 25 miles from home and somewhere between staines and windsor when the heavens opened and i got a puncture in my front tyre. At this moment the heavens opened and in my rush to change the flat i managed to rip my spare tube... It was too wet for my pre-glued patches to stick so I was faced with a long walk to the nearest train station...

At this point the first good samaritans rocked up (on a tandem) and gave me their spare tube - which was either faulty or i managed to tear my second inner tube in about 10 mins.

So - back to walking again when a group from the London Dynamos stopped, gave me another new inner tube and hung around in the deluge for long enough to make sure that i was good to go.

So - morale of the story is carry more than one spare inner if you are as cack handed with the tyre levers as I apparently am.

Also - many thanks to the two sets of riders who stopped to make sure I was ok when the weather was so minging that all anyone can have been thinking about is getting home.

Cyclists are a good bunch.

The world is not such a bad place as we seem to think. You will find out that this is common practice and not just in cycling. For obvious reasons we cannot stop on the motorways to help fellow motorists, but in remote roads, where the AA is not likely to reach you in 15 minutes, you can expect others to stop and give you a hand.
    We are social animals, after all.
    left the forum March 2023