Tommasini tecno extra

boggyass
boggyass Posts: 221
edited December 2009 in Road general
anyone know anything about this model. Seat tube is lugged but rest of frame is TIG welded. Does anyone know why they did it this way especially as they make a big deal on chrome lugged frames (as is done on the Tecno). Not much on net about the TecnoExtra model.

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    The tecno is a nice looking frame as is the Sintesi. I wasn't aware of this new model sorry but it's a shame the UK distributors are not all they could be.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Great looking frames but I've heard a few horror stories about the UK distributor on here and other forums...
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I know Malcolm - he's a one-man band
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • boggyass
    boggyass Posts: 221
    the tecno is a lugged model but i dont think the tecno extra is made anymore as it isnt shown on their list of frames. Just wondered why it is tig welded (apart from the seat tube) It wud suggest that it was a weight issue and was prob the "race" version of the Tecno. But this i just my guess.
  • giant_man
    Monty Dog wrote:
    I know Malcolm - he's a one-man band

That's no excuse for bad service though Monty
  • When I was looking for info on my Super Prestige I emailed Tommasini in the US. They were really friendly and answered all my questions. I'm on some kind of mailing list now, and they even have a Facebook page!
  • giant_man
    Yes but that's the US distributors and not the UK ones. If only the UK distributor was as efficient ....