RPCC Ride - 21st / 22nd Nov

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Sorry folks - Thurs already and I've not put this up yet! :roll: :oops:

I'm not about this weekend - if I do ride it'll be MTBing somewhere as I'm back home in Worthing visiting mates and not taking my bike :shock:

Have a good one whatever everyone ends up doing, and hopefully catch you all for a spin next weekend 8)

So, for those of you coming to join us, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as different start times seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped (unless a 'hoonfest' is on the cards - see note * below) :arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-30mins)
I say it every week, but it remains true so I won't stop: As ever we'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! 8)

It would also be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too - not sure where they've all gone or if they've stopped watching these threads due to the emergence of the hoonfest, but hopefully some of you might venture out again this weekend, if not sometime soon...? :?

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend? :shock: 8) :

Comments

• dawebbo
    dawebbo Posts: 456
    Planning to try Hog Hill this Sat so can't make it.
    Meeting at Liverpool St station at 11:30 if anyone fancies coming.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    If the rain holds off, I'll be MTBing somewhere I think.
    If you're not Mo MTBing I'll keep you posted on my plans - looking like Swinley or Leith Hill at the moment. Hardly the South Downs jaunt I was hoping for and verging on "shoulda stayed in London" but more sheltered and less claggy than the South Downs chalk / clay.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    maaaaaaaybe Saturday. depends how drunk i get on Friday. If i imbibe too much, i'll just be hopping on the trainer.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I am hoping to be doing a solo ride in the hills on Saturday morning. By 9am I should be effing and blinding my way up Hound House Lane and onto Peaslake and Leith Hill. Once at top of Box I am planning to follow the Normal RPCC route in reverse back down Box and via Ranmore,Crocknorth to RP :shock:

So if you are out and about if you see me please shout some encouragement as you blast past me on those damn hills :D:wink: :oops:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    NWLondoner wrote:
    I am hoping to be doing a solo ride in the hills on Saturday morning. By 9am I should be effing and blinding my way up Hound House Lane and onto Peaslake and Leith Hill. Once at top of Box I am planning to follow the Normal RPCC route in reverse back down Box and via Ranmore,Crocknorth to RP :shock:

So if you are out and about if you see me please notice my knew Assos kit as you blast past me on those damn hills :D:wink: :oops:

Fixed it for you! :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Aggieboy wrote:
    NWLondoner wrote:

So if you are out and about if you see me please notice my knew Assos kit as you blast past me on those damn hills :D:wink: :oops:

Fixed it for you! :lol:

AS you can tell from my appalling climb back up to Bushey that Sunday back in Sept you know whereto kick me where it hurts :lol:
  • Yes, but the Col du Bushey is no ordinary climb - it's one of the most feared end-of-ride obstacles in the area! You done good!
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Count me out...Other plans this weekend.
  • Just seen the classified section - Rich, you've sold your MTB, you're selling your road bikes - the rumours must be true - you're becoming a jogger :shock: :P
  • Rich-Ti
    Bought the full running kit a couple of weeks back... :shock: :lol:
  • It all depends on the weather - if it stays dry will probably be out but not sure if I could cope with the trauma of getting the currently very shiny bike grubby...

Fingers-crossed my old tourer will becoming a winter trainer soon so such issues will no longer matter

And Rich - it's a slippy slope - you'll be doing triathlons next
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich - it's a slippy slope - you'll be doing triathlons next
    Wash your mouth out boy!! :evil: :lol:
  • Weather looking horrible this weekend - think I'm unlikely to do more than a few laps of RP
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I wont be around. I am thinking about pitting myself against motivated others in a race on Sunday to get some BC points, and seeing juse how much I have let myself go since raching last month though I am not quite ready to be doing xmas mucking about on bikes yet like Phipsy.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Anyone else think Felgen had a few before writing that?...! :lol:
  • phips wrote:
    It was a Friday evening. He had for sure ;-)
    Those 3 crates of cooking lager he had in the garage - GONE :lol: :shock:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    phips wrote:
    It was a Friday evening. He had for sure ;-)
    Those 3 crates of cooking lager he had in the garage - GONE :lol: :shock:

Apologies for my gramatically inconsistent prior posting. I think I managed 5 cans of cooking lager and a couple of glasses of wine ;)

Anyway apart from discussing my gamma glutaryl transferase enzyme inducement, I dont think I am going to do much except sort out my commuting wheels in order to get some miles in and regain fitness for the 5th... Tomorrow might well be a waste of time.

Did anyone get out today?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    I gather Monsier Ti did some 'mucky biking' though. Jealous.
    Aye - 'twas awesome 8)
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Got caught in some hail this morning, 'twas awesome 8)
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    felgen wrote:
    Anyway apart from discussing my gamma glutaryl transferase enzyme inducement

If you're gonna get all "Doctory" James....at least spell it right......gamma glutaMyl transferase.....tsk tsk! :wink:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Rich-Ti
    Oooh he's a cheeky little upstart ain't he...! :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    New thread is alive and kicking... if you can be a*sed to ride in this weather! :shock: :lol: