My after work ride?

Paulkingk
Paulkingk Posts: 689
edited November 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Hi i'm lookin' to start riding home after work on a wednesday evening taking a long route which willl take me about 1 to 1.5hrs. my question is this i have a break at 3 o clock and then finish at five and this is when i will be straight out on my ride. What will be a good food to eat on my 3 oclock break to give me sufficaint energy for my 1 to 1.5 hr ride ? i'm lookin for specific suggestions here. i only get 15mins break so anything cooked is prob out of question. cheers guys

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Peanut butter + lemon marmalade sandwiches, and a banana.
    Or, cold pasta with chicken, either make it yourself, or pick one up in tescos or whatever.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Paulkingk wrote:
    i have a break at 3 o clock and then finish at five and this is when i will be straight out on my ride.
    That's pretty much what I do and basically I am grazing from 3PM onwards on dried fruit (apricots, raisins, sultanas etc) and fig rolls. As said above, peanut butter and banana sandwiches are absolutely rockin'
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Whole earth crunchy original peanut butter and banana on lightly toasted bread = winner!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    no no no. Bloody miscreants. The sandwich has to be peanunt butter and lemon marmalade!
    THEN have a banana :lol:
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    no no no. Bloody miscreants. The sandwich has to be peanunt butter and lemon marmalade!
    THEN have a banana :lol:
    Never tried peanut butter with lemon marmalade but I will give it a shot. With a banana :P
  • Anonymous
    Good man :D
    Lime marmalade is also pretty good.

I used to eath peanut butter and marmalade sarnies all the time, and a girlfriend at the time thought it was disgusting. Anwyay, we split up, and I met her again several years later, and she was addicted to them too! Turns out she'd had one of those "I wonder what he's up to these days" moments when she saw some peanut butter in the supermarket, and decided to try the sarnies in some bizarre melancholic moment of insanity. :lol:
  • Paulkingk
    Paulkingk Posts: 689
    Thats well funny :lol:
  • Has to be whole earth SMOOTH peanut butter and strawberry jam!
  • I ride home five days a week, around four or five o'clock, I never eat carbs after six, I just have three bananas each time or nuts to ride home no problems. you need carbs at some time in the morning like scramble eggs on toast etc this will survice each time easy.
    Skype address: andalucianadventure