Severe weather warning for the North West

El Diego
El Diego Posts: 440
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
100mm of rain predicted to fall in the North West during the next 48 hours, according to the met office. Risk of flooding and wet socks.

Bring it on.

Comments

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Wahey :D
  • :) ace. Night ride tonight is going to be such good fun. Better load the hipflask with Ardbeg. Central heating for kids..
  • El Diego
    Just looked out the window and it isn't raining in Manchester yet.Looks like I've been psyching myself up for nothing!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Had to leave bike today, cricked my neck.... its agony, could hardly look round last night on the bike on way home, not really the best. Weather awful this morning, partially flooded roads and delayed trains....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    No rain for me this morning but the wind had swung round from yesterday. Unless I have a repeat of yesterday when the wind had dropped by the time I went home, I'll have a headwind tonight as well :?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I'm being a wimp today and not cycling. Not so much because of the rain but the supposed 30mph winds that will no doubt take great delight howling over the open fields and blowing me all over the road.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Very dry today, just wind, I thought on the straight to college I'd have a tailwind, but it felt more like a cross/headwind :(, I got to college, looked at the trees, and they where blowing in the direction I came, it should have being a tailwind, now I'm going to have a headwind on the way home too >:(
  • bone dry and howling a gale Oldham to Manchester this morning.

looking dark and satanic in Clayton now and very windy.

I'm picking young un up from school on his bike later. I think we'll be very drowned by then.

we both love riding the wet bring it on :twisted: :twisted:
  • El Diego
    Very windy, my hair looked a treat when I arrived at work. Think John & Edward minus the hair gel.
  • very very windy up here in rossendale......going out on my brommie later c/w front bag :twisted: :twisted:
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • And I was thinking of a trip out to Harrow tomorrow...

Never mind, Richmond Park it is then...
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    And I was thinking of a trip out to Harrow tomorrow...

Are all those bikes hung up in the pictures yours mate.
  • Tonymufc wrote:

I should be so lucky. I hardly have any bikes. :wink:
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Tonymufc wrote:

I should be so lucky. I hardly have any bikes. :wink:

:)
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Deano mate, Dont give up your day Job, Its been a great week :D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • El Diego
    It's not an exact science this meteorology game, although I did say the North West and there has been massive flooding in Cumbria!

Anyway I hope it misses us out for a bit longer as I can't afford overshoes at the moment.
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    El Diego wrote:
    It's not an exact science this meteorology game, although I did say the North West and there has been massive flooding in Cumbria!

Anyway I hope it misses us out for a bit longer as I can't afford overshoes at the moment.

I had to buy a new front light today, my brackets both died on the others, gutted as they are great lights, I was looking at overshoes and MUST make them my next purchase, Decathlon had some in at £20

BTW glad im not riding today, its nasty out
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.