Dont forget to take your uneaten food out of your paniers...

iclestu
iclestu Posts: 503
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
ok. So if you did forget. And if you mistakenly left sandwiches in there 'festering'. And if you were then struck down by the piggie flu bug and were unexpectedly off the bike for over a week.

On your return to the shed, whats the worst you could find?

Stale bread?

Mould?

Maggots?

oh no, MUCH worse than that!

Yesterday morning I discovered that rats had eaten thier way into my panniers! Rats! They ate right through the bottom of the panniers! :shock:
FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro

Comments

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Well they probably ate the maggots then.

You should be grateful. 8)
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    iclestu wrote:
    ok. So if you did forget. And if you mistakenly left sandwiches in there 'festering'. And if you were then struck down by the piggie flu bug and were unexpectedly off the bike for over a week.

On your return to the shed, whats the worst you could find?

Stale bread?

Mould?

Maggots?

oh no, MUCH worse than that!

Yesterday morning I discovered that rats had eaten thier way into my panniers! Rats! They ate right through the bottom of the panniers! :shock:

Look at it this way....a good excuse to go shopping on Wiggle or your LBS :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Good job all the native bears a dead :shock: :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Yikes..... :shock:
  • Set some traps mate, cos they WILL be back. And the little feckers eat/chew anything. So traps, with little bits of Mars Bars glued on work wonders. But mind your fingers.....
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • B@stards!

Pesky rats... did you actually find them in your panniers? That would be worse.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Shotgun tiz wot you need :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • My wife found me lying on the kitchen floor once with an air rifle trying to delete a rat that had decided that behind my fridge was a good place to live. I hate the destructive little b@st@rds. Living in the sticks is nice, but the mice etc... all try and get in the house during the winter. Cat has a great old time in the autumn/winter. He just waits till they come to him, slaughters them and presents them in the bath room. Normally on the white rug. Cats, lovely creatures.....
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • iclestu
    B@stards!

They were scurrying away as I entered the shed :evil:

redneck acent

Gonna get me some poison. Ma daddy said no point wastin time with traps get the real deal

\redneck accent

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Any update on the status of the sandwiches?

Give them a wipe, they be fine
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Onan
    Onan Posts: 321
    If they just came into your shed to finish off your sandwiches, why bother with the poison? It's not like you have an infestation, or they're living in there or anything.

Just stop feeding them, and you'll be fine.
    Drink poison. Wrestle snakes.
  • iclestu
    Onan wrote:
    If they just came into your shed to finish off your sandwiches, why bother with the poison? It's not like you have an infestation, or they're living in there or anything.

urrrm they found my sandwiches, in my closed panniers, in my closed shed. Im guessing they didnt just 'happen' across a tasty meal whilst innocently digging through my shed and panniers. They must be 'camped' nearby to be able to smell them?

So its move along or die little pests.

• iclestu
    Any update on the status of the sandwiches?

Give them a wipe, they be fine

unfortunately the only feasible way to eat 'em now would be some roasted rat for tea.

I'll write em off this time!

• iclestu wrote:
    B@stards!

redneck acent

Gonna get me some poison. Ma daddy said no point wastin time with traps get the real deal

\redneck accent

[redneck]
    Naw you godda git yaw-self a shawt-gurnn an shoot dem pesky cridders deid else dey ent gawn learn dey shuddern come in yo shed an eat yo san-witches an yaw pann-yers an all dat. Godda sit on yaw raw-kinn chair an wait wid yaw shawt-gurnn and dey'll be comin' baick den BAM deid rat.
    [/redneck]
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    GIT MAH BOOMSTICK
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    iclestu wrote:
    B@stards!

redneck acent

\redneck accent

[redneck]
    Naw you godda git yaw-self a shawt-gurnn an shoot dem pesky cridders deid else dey ent gawn learn dey shuddern come in yo shed an eat yo san-witches an yaw pann-yers an all dat. Godda sit on yaw raw-kinn chair an wait wid yaw shawt-gurnn and dey'll be comin' baick den BAM deid rat.
    [/redneck]

And your panniers already have holes in them so a few more won't matter
  • Onan
    Onan Posts: 321
    iclestu wrote:
    Onan wrote:

urrrm they found my sandwiches, in my closed panniers, in my closed shed. Im guessing they didnt just 'happen' across a tasty meal whilst innocently digging through my shed and panniers. They must be 'camped' nearby to be able to smell them?

So its move along or die little pests.

I just like rats. I've got four of em in my bedroom.

Don't kill the poor little beggars. They were only after a sarnie. :(
    Drink poison. Wrestle snakes.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    wild rats = ebil critters

pet rats (especially dumbos) = CUUUTE!

Yes, I know.

But I have two pet rats, and they are the friendest pets I've ever had.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)