Week in Denia

dutchwallpaper
dutchwallpaper Posts: 7
edited November 2009 in Tour & expedition
Im spending the next week in Denia riding and wondering if anyone else will be down there at the same time and be interested in heading out for a bit of a spin?

Missing a bit of english conversation!

I arrive in Denia tomorrow and am there until Sunday.

cheers!

Byron

Comments

• priory
    priory Posts: 743
    I dont know denia but the bike shop in javea (javeabik) at the southern extreme of the port area near the river bridge speak english and will know the clubs. The young spaniards will speak english and there are a lot of ex-pats around.There used to be a mid week ride in javea/ jesus pobre.
    TerryJ
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • Looks like this is too late for you but next time get in contact with my friend John Fegan (www.traininspain.net) as he is based in Denia. I know they hire road bikes out as well as doing guided rides through out the year.

John also rides on occasion with a group of expats that meet 3-4 times a week. They meet at the cafe at the Shell petrol station between Denia and Javea on the N332 around 9.45 am for a 10.00 am ride. They normally do 3-4 hours with a coffee stop along the way except Thursdays when it is non stop.

Hope you had a good time.
  • Looks like this is too late for you but next time get in contact with my friend John Fegan (www.traininspain.net) as he is based in Denia. I know they hire road bikes out as well as doing guided rides through out the year.

John also rides on occasion with a group of expats that meet 3-4 times a week. They meet at the cafe at the Shell petrol station between Denia and Javea on the N332 around 9.45 am for a 10.00 am ride. They normally do 3-4 hours with a coffee stop along the way except Thursdays when it is non stop.

Hope you had a good time.

Ha! i managed to go out with these guys on the Sunday! Great bunch of blokes who i think had quite a few wins between them in their time...

For the record the riding around the area is stunning.