Puch Super Prima 12

thehairs1970
thehairs1970 Posts: 142
edited November 2009 in Road general
Does anyone know anything about this bike? I'm wondering how old it is, was it sold as a tourer, road bike or what? I bought one for £10 to use when its too wet to go out on the MTB.

Any info gratefully received.

Martyn

Comments

• Not of lot of info out there is there?
    This from Sheldon. The company has still got a web site
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Puch Prima was akin to a Raleigh Europa - a true Halfords special in its day, basic frame and basic components
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    I had one around 1980 -82. 2 versions, black (matt?) or a nice pearlescient blue (mine) . Conventional gear levers on the blue but some blacks had thmn on the stem. Heavy 27 x 1 1/4 steel rims. I started time trialling on mine but soon fitted tubs and sprints which as you would expect nade a huge difference. 13 to 17, 5 speed block , even rode 100 miles to Poole at the age of 18 on them. In fact it was only at the very end of 2007 that I had my first ride on modern/normal 700c wired on tyres. Went from the 27's to tubs in 81 and stayed with them until I bought a Tricross in 07. Still riding those wheels I bought back then and I am damn sure they have never been touched with a spoke key. GP4 rims from Overbury's