Cafewanda do you have hiviz socks

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Wanda, a few days ago (may even have been last week) I passed a black lady along Kennington Road (she eventually was heading up Clapham like where I met you) she was short, short hair and on a hybrid. She was wearing HiViz nearly knee-high socks. Was that you?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I reckon.

My 'hi viz socks' were either yellow legwarmers or yellow and pink striped luminous socks. I wear a blue helment. This winter, I'm rocking two black panniers with red lights on each.

Pass me again without saying 'hi' or 'move your aris, slowcoach' and I'll make your other half a widow :twisted: :wink::D
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I can't believe you're asking a woman what she wears under her shoes. Have you not a shred of decency?
  • DonDaddyD
    Cafewanda wrote:
    I reckon.

My 'hi viz socks' were either yellow legwarmers or yellow and pink striped luminous socks. I wear a blue helment. This winter, I'm rocking two black panniers with red lights on each.

Pass me again without saying 'hi' or 'move your aris, slowcoach' and I'll make your other half a widow :twisted: :wink::D

I'm the only other black person on our commute, I've seen you twice, both times on a blue trek I think looking miserable stressed/serious. I always pass you on my red bike and look back or over but you refuse to look in my direction.... :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    I always pass you on my red bike and look back or over but you refuse to look in my direction.... :cry:

she can't see your face due to your big ass matey... :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I always pass you on my red bike and look back or over but you refuse to look in my direction.... :cry:

What's his domesticated pack animal got to do with it?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What's his domesticated pack animal got to do with it?

Its on roller blades and gets in the way of her seeing him. She fears for its safety more than making eye contact...
  • Cafewanda
    edited November 2009
    :D:D:D You guys. Be nice to DDD :D

I always look miserable at that point cos by then I've confirmed the vehicles are out to get me, my legs ache but refuse to turn slower and I'm stuck behind someone slower than me (sometimes :shock: )

........... and then there's the incline up to Clapham North station and then from Clapham Common to Balham, or maybe it's my asthma playing up :roll: I can find an excuse for anything

Edit to add: There is another black guy on our route. He joins from Clapham South to Kennington. No lyra gear for him. If I manage to get out the door early enough I don't see him. Can't recall his bike but winter is not a good season for me to see anything other than avoiding other cyclists who feel it appropriate to cycle close to my opposite inside leg as they whizz bye and vehicles who speed up to block me even though I'm ahead of them, or was :roll:

I hate this time of year, but cycling helps make it slightly more bearable. Just.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Cafewanda wrote:
    :D:D:D You guys. Be nice to DDD :D

I always look miserable at that point cos by then I've confirmed the vehicles are out to get me, my legs ache but refuse to turn slower and I'm stuck behind someone slower than me (sometimes :shock: )

At least we know that DDD shoulder checks.
  • Cafewanda
    He does, I have to say. Rather annoying how smoothly he does it. Shoulder checks are not a regular feature on my route.
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    He does, I have to say. Rather annoying how smoothly he does it. Shoulder checks are not a regular feature on my route.

He's nervous ;-) On the subject of black people on the commute the gent I spotted on the Van Nich this morning in Streatham was black fwiw.....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2009
    Cafewanda wrote:

I'm a right proper Lance Armstrong me!

MonkeyMonster, I knew you liked my cheeks! I figured that as you had you hand on my thigh under the table at the 'Peth... Bet you're wondering if I can hold a whole banana... :shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I can't believe you're asking a woman what she wears under her shoes. Have you not a shred of decency?

That is proper laugh out loud funny
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    :lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

MonkeyMonster, I knew you liked my cheeks! I figured that as you had you hand on my thigh under the table at the 'Peth... Bet you're wondering if I can hold a whole banana... :shock:

Hold a whole banana where?
  • Cafewanda
    No!!!

I have an image in my head now and it's not a pretty one :shock: :shock:
  • Chuckle - like the quote name swap, makes it slightly less wrong to read.
  • Cafewanda
    MM, it's only because I'm a nice burd AND he's injured that I didn't get out the D-lock. However I have directed him to Brixton in another thread :twisted:
  • il_principe
    Cafewanda wrote:
    MM, it's only because I'm a nice burd AND he's injured that I didn't get out the D-lock. However I have directed him to Brixton in another thread :twisted:

Pffft you could D Lock me, but first you'd have to find me... :D
  • Cafewanda
    I are highly offended by that comment and I'd only have to follow the swearing to find you in Brixton....... so there! :D
  • Well I believe he will be at the Morpeth arms at 7ish :D
  • DonDaddyD
    Wanda, you're not planning to D-lock* James on the head are you? You might find the air thin up there...

('To D-lock' is that allowed?)
    Food Chain number = 4

• wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Wanda, you're not planning to D-lock* James on the head are you? You might find the air thin up there... ('To D-lock' is that allowed?)
    To D-lock is fine. To boldly D-lock invites self-referential violence...
    Cheers,
    W.
  • Cafewanda
    The D-lock would only be employed if he refused to engage with the children of Brixton, rather than hike all the way to Peckham :twisted:

At 7 I should be stuffing my face and drinking my allotted 2 glasses of house white, or a can of Guinness :)