Oh the shame..........

Rich158
Rich158 Posts: 2,348
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
I took the train home tonight, bike and all :oops: :oops: :oops:

In my defence I did ride 10 miles up to Regents Park, did an 18 mile training ride, and rode the 10 miles back to Blackheath, all in the pissing rain, after work :shock: It was a really cruel night as well, the rain eased off, then the wind picked up in it's place :twisted: The final straw was going across Blackheath, rain coupled with wind that nearly blew me to a stand still had me heading towards the station.

Now I know what I really needed was a huge dose of MTFU, but the phrase 'feck this for a game of soldiers' came to the fore, and that was that. I was stood on the train, cold wet, and happy :oops:
pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    so you weren't to drunk to cycle home?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Clever Pun wrote:
    so you weren't to drunk to cycle home?

Not this time, although I was tempted with beers after the training session, in fact i was tempted to head straight for the Morpeth on my way back south of the river :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2