How to ride a bike in the Police Force

megilleland
megilleland Posts: 786
edited November 2009 in Campaign
Saw this on the front page of the SUN today.

"POLICE chiefs faced ridicule last night over plans to give cops guides on how to ride a bicycle".

"The potty pamphlets, running to 93 pages in TWO volumes, tell cops how to balance so they do not fall off. The official Police Cycle Training Doctrine - the cost of which is estimated at thousands of pounds - gives full instructions on how to stop and get off a bike safely."

This is a joke isn't it.
The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.

Comments

• It's health and safety/political correctness/Naiscent police state/paedophile terrorists gone mad, won't someone please think of the children.

:roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I am not allowed to ride a police bike as I've not had the course!

Ridiculous but true...
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    This is a joke isn't it.
    It's certainly not official:: http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/p ... nual-23955
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    NapoleonD wrote:

Ridiculous but true...

You also crashed and broke a leg in three places!!! :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    You really expect me to open a link to an unspeakable gutter rag that's prepared to make the death of a British serviceman into a political football......

Bob
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    NapoleonD wrote:

Ridiculous but true...

I broke my ribs....but thats ok Cambridgeshire don't have a course! Or much in the way of cycle specific clothing, or any real interest to be honest!

Until an officer riding at speed hits and badly injures a ped......Oooooooh watch the blame game start then in earnest! :roll:
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • I saw a comedy copper last week whilst commuting who went straight through a red light, leaving a group of law abiding civilian cyclists behind. Is that part of the course? He didn't seem to be chasing any wrongdoers (and I must say his pedalling style left something to be desired too)
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Hmm I was told by another cyclist that this booklet was not only on riding the bike, but massively full of the relevent parts of the road traffic act and highway code. :? Doesnt sound so lame if thats true.