Long ride this morning

tgotb
tgotb Posts: 4,714
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Long ride in this morning. All the way to the office (14 miles), all the way home again, pick up bag containing clothes, phone, wallet etc, all the way back to the office. Elapsed time 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Wouldn't have been so bad if SWMBO hadn't decided to wash all my cycling kit last night; unfortunately she neglected either to tell me, or to put it in the tumble drier, so I had to ride most of that distance in wet kit...
Pannier, 120rpm.

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    How can you ride 14 miles before you realise you've left your bag at home? :shock: :lol:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    42 miles in 2:20 on a Brompton? That's proper quick.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    How can you ride 14 miles before you realise you've left your bag at home? :shock: :lol:
    Too busy feeling sorry for myself, on account of the wet kit.
    Aidy wrote:
    42 miles in 2:20 on a Brompton? That's proper quick.
    It would have been, but thankfully I was on the road bike...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Ouch, I kick myself if I forget my Sarni!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited November 2009
    Look at it this way, you could buy more kit so you always have a dry set .

Whinging about clean, but wet, clothes, Ingrate! :wink:
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    I guess you could launder your own kit, then you'd know when it needs putting in the dryer :wink:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • I did once get about 10 miles into the morning commute WITH the car keys in my back pocket which left SWMBO stranded at home .....

It is fair to say she was not best pleased and wasted no time at all explaining just how she was feeling when she rang me on the mobile to let me know!!

Only done that the once ................. :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper