Track accreditation question

preeby
preeby Posts: 22
edited November 2009 in Track
Hi folks,

Anyone know if accreditation is 'transferrable' between tracks, i.e. if I'm an accredited rider at Newport, can I turn up at Manchester and race (assuming I can prove I'm Newport accredited) or visa versa, or do each of the indoor tracks insist on new riders going through their own accreditation process?

Any experiences appreciated etc...

Thanks,

Do you know the five lamps ?

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I understood that a racing licence that was all you need to race, not track accreditation.

i.e. you need accreditation to do a SQT, but in a race situation you have people out there who may never have been to the velodrome before ?!?! :shock:
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Depends what you mean by "turn up and race" - you can enter open meetings without accreditation i.e. the, National Champs.

but...
    andy_wrx wrote:
    I understood that a racing licence that was all you need to race, not track accreditation.
    ...not if you want to race the track leagues - you need to have accreditation as well. That applies at Newport as well.

A Newport accreditation should be recognised by Manchester but you will need to speak/check with Bob Barber first. Likewise, you will need to double check with the powers that be (Courtney Rowe) at Newport – I don't think the recognition of accreditations between the velodromes is a formal process yet.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I do not believe they will let you race at newport in the track league unless accredited now.