SCR Christmas Drinks - 11th or other?

lost_in_thought
lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Alright, alright, I'll find my social secretary hat and put it back on. You people are hopeless.

Now, the morpeth's room is booked on the 11th. So, there are a few options, hence the poll.

I would appreciate it if anyone who'd like to come along could respond one way or the other so I can get an idea of numbers wishing to attend.

Once numbers are established this becomes easier.

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I tried to help...

the 3rd is fine for me as is the 11th in all fairness

we'll get room in the main area as GregT will be strutting and as the night progresses people filter off anyways
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    edited November 2009
    I'm scheduled for getting plastered and not in the building sort of the way on the 4th so can't do 3rd... I'm game for scar(r)ing the locals on the 11th :D

ps - cheers LiT :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • You did, and are awarded 1 (one) gold star for doing so!

Please pick one option...
  • Last year we were far too big a group not to have a room to ourselves. Plus the nosh took up a fair bit of space, and if we have it again (yes please!) i suspect we have to be upstairs. So I vote for the 3rd, at the Morpeth.

As for somewhere else, well, that's just plain heretical mad talk. You don't see the druids down the local rec at summer solstice, do you? No. And for good reason. :shock:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Cheers, Livs, and apologies for being so rubbish ;)

3rd is good. :)

I agree with Greg about the venue. The man with the local knowledge seems to be absent. Probably on a bus somewhere.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    JonGinge wrote:

I agree with Greg about the venue. The man with the local knowledge seems to be absent. Probably on a bus somewhere.

harsh

I think he's getting delirious, he was talking about a scooter on Friday
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I can't make the 3rd December, sadly, but don't let that sway you.....
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • linsen wrote:
    I can't make the 3rd December, sadly, but don't let that sway you.....

Have you voted for the 11th then? If not please do!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

harsh

V harsh. Anyway, these days I don't get on buses, I just wait for them and then give up (waited 1 hour this morning to no avail). :evil:

3rd is good for me. Other option would be the Cask which is just up the road and has a fab selection of Ales which is always changing. It has no upstairs but is rarely busy and the Landlord would prob let us book a big section for ourselves. However there is a lack of bike parking so the Morpeth would still be the best bet (also I appear to get free beer there these days, which is nice)...
  • James, could you drop the Cask a line and ask them if they could accomodate us +bikes?
  • il_principe
    James, could you drop the Cask a line and ask them if they could accomodate us +bikes?

He won't have bikes indoors, it's all brand new in there, there's limited parking just by the pub but it'll mean lots of bikes being locked to bikes. Visible from the pub window at least... if people are cool with that then I'll call. Otherwise people could cheekily park at the Morpeth and walk to the Cask!

Morpeth to Cask
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

harsh

V harsh. Anyway, these days I don't get on buses, I just wait for them and then give up (waited 1 hour this morning to no avail). :evil:
    désolé :( Twas a feeble joke, only. Sorry to hear the tube journey was also carp.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    (also I appear to get free beer there these days, which is nice)...

One of these days she's going to "collect" ;)
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • il_principe
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    (also I appear to get free beer there these days, which is nice)...

One of these days she's going to "collect" ;)

Shhh shhh, we don't like to think about that...
  • Oddjob62
    Shhh shhh, we don't like to think about that...

Better watch out for the cunningly placed mistletoe.
  • Thanks Livs. Indeed we are rubbish. Though in my (poor) defence, I had thought as I am a relative newcomer, wading in and organising folk would have been A Bad Thing. In future I shall embrace my bossy side and Get To It.

I have voted for another venue for the 11th mainly cos having a hangover at work is rubbish. BUT if democracy goes for the 3rd then I shall have to lay in stocks of Berocca*, coffee and MTFU.

*other cures are available/preferable. Discuss.
  • James, could you drop the Cask a line and ask them if they could accomodate us +bikes?

He won't have bikes indoors, it's all brand new in there, there's limited parking just by the pub but it'll mean lots of bikes being locked to bikes. Visible from the pub window at least... if people are cool with that then I'll call. Otherwise people could cheekily park at the Morpeth and walk to the Cask!

Morpeth to Cask

Would you mind calling him anyway? Irrespective of the bikes, it'd be good to know if he could fit us in... does he do food?
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    I voted "other venue " but am equally happy to hit the Morpeth on the 11th.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • il_principe
    Will do, anyone got a handle on potential numbers? They do pretty good food there.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Can't make the 4th or, now, 11th Dec, chaps. Sorry. :oops: The only night the Good Lady can do a girls' night out is the 11th.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    cjcp wrote:
    Can't make the 4th or, now, 11th Dec, chaps. Sorry. :oops: The only night the Good Lady can do a girls' night out is the 11th.

not the 3rd then?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • I have put a vote down for the 11th finding another venue, but being a yokel would be happy with anything in the big city :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Will do, anyone got a handle on potential numbers? They do pretty good food there.

Say 25, that should be pretty accurate.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    you are all welcome to come to my house.

Bit of a cycle from the Morpeth though
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Thanks LiT.I think I voted for 11th but can also do 3rd. If remains as 11th I'll be on foot as aim to be hungover from works do the night before :)
  • Oddjob62
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Thanks LiT.I think I voted for 11th but can also do 3rd. If remains as 11th I'll be on foot as aim to be hungover from works do the night before :)

You won't find us anyway :P
  • Oddjob62
    I'm fine with both days so put me on the list either way.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

You won't find us anyway :P

:cry::cry::cry:

There should be a law against picking on little folk :P
    [/img]
  • bradford
    bradford Posts: 195
    Alright, alright, I'll find my social secretary hat and put it back on. You people are hopeless.

Now, the morpeth's room is booked on the 11th. So, there are a few options, hence the poll.

I would appreciate it if anyone who'd like to come along could respond one way or the other so I can get an idea of numbers wishing to attend.

Once numbers are established this becomes easier.
    I would like to attend but where is the Morpeth! As i would be coming up from the New Forest :?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

not the 3rd then?

Can't make the 3rd either. Work commitments that day.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."