Orange blood info pls

XxxBFGxxX
XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
edited December 2009 in MTB general
just been chatting to the guys in my lbs. and he mentioned the orange blood,

Does any one own one?

Any chance of some pics as i want to see how burly the bike is.

what does it ride like?

cheers in advnce geordie

Comments

• http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/2010/blood/

blood-000657.jpg

Blood
    RRP £2,899.99
    Sizes 15,17
    Colour Neon Green
    Tubeset Monocoque/6061-T6 Reynolds Custom Butted Aluminium Tube
    Rear Shock Fox Float RP23 XV BoostValve
    Swing Arm Maxle Swingarm
    Forks Fox 36 Float R 160mm
    F Mech Shimano SLX Double
    R Mech Shimano Saint
    Shifters Shimano SLX R Fire +
    Chainset Race Face Respond Double X Type
    Cassette Shimano HG50
    Brakes Avid Elixir 5 205/185
    Hubs Hope Pro 2
    Rims Mavic EN321
    Spokes DT Swiss Competition S/S Black
    Tyres Maxxis Hi Roller 2.35
    Headset FSA Chisel
    Stem Truvativ Hussefelt Comp
    S Post Truvativ Hussefelt
    Saddle SDG Bel Air
    H Bars Truvativ Hussefelt Comp
    Pedals Flat
    B Bracket Race Face X Type
    Hope Pack None

picture1jsl.png

With their mixture of man-made and natural features we all know that trails aren’t what they used to be, but if you’re lucky enough to ride a Blood, that’s no bad thing. The first of our bigger-hitting bikes to feature a tough but neat rocker link, the Blood delivers a stiff and super‑responsive ride designed to handle the most technical natural terrain as well as the gaps, drops, wall rides, ladders and berms some of us love to session. Burly construction, a carefully controlled five inches of rear wheel travel and a 66° head angle inspire confidence when the going gets rough or steep, but the Blood’s short back end, steepened seat angle and inspired suspension configuration mean the only thing you’ll push on this bike is your own technical limits.

A sweet-handling trail and slopestyle bike with a massive fun factor in the air or on the ground, and a bike you can still pedal anywhere – the Blood doesn’t rewrite the rules, it bins them altogether.

ROCKR SHOCK CONTROL

We love single-pivot simplicity at Orange, and the Blood is essentially a single pivot with a twist. Without getting too technical, the Blood’s ROCKR-Link is a way of achieving a highly durable 2.5:1 leverage ratio while carefully controlling the shock’s progression to optimise how the frame and shock work together. In practice this means a bike you can pedal, but one with a highly active and fast-reacting back end that delivers a super-supple initial stroke and a mid to end stroke which never shoots through its travel – perfect for those big hits. When it comes to actual rear wheel travel, it’s a triumph of quality over quantity. Ride one – you’ll see what we mean.

Why the Blood?
    The Blood hangs with the big guys. But a bit faster through the woods when you need to put the hammer down.

Edit:

Googles your best friend. so's the manufactures website.
  • XxxBFGxxX
    already read that mate am actualy loking for info from ppl that have the bike mate.

wanna hear wat they think. Not what orange say lol

cheers any way tho chap
  • an awesome bike to ride

will be my next full sus
  • XxxBFGxxX
    an awesome bike to ride

will be my next full sus

yer looks like it could be mione am looking ofr next years project. want something burly but still able to ride trails with.
  • get it reduce the fork to a 140mm
    and a wheel change
  • XxxBFGxxX
    will be from a frame up build mate so built to my spec. will be used for slope style jumping and trail riding.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i've seen one in the flesh and boy are they sexy! if i had a spare £3k i'd definatly get one

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • XxxBFGxxX
    Hercule Q wrote:
    i've seen one in the flesh and boy are they sexy! if i had a spare £3k i'd definatly get one

am thinking of building one from the frame up with a set of lyric DH forks. hope build aswell.
  • try and get the 09 frame in blue
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Really sweet bike, but I don't have the combination of stones and wallet to do it justice.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    Hercule Q wrote:

am thinking of building one from the frame up with a set of lyric DH forks. hope build aswell.

*DROOLS*

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • how about rs totems? :D
  • XxxBFGxxX
    i am going on recomendations chap. i could prob get totems to future proof my wallet lol
  • There's a prototype Blood for sale on Orange's website, it does look awesome!

orange blood

It's only £350 more than a Blood frame, and it's got 'Strange' stickers, so that's got to be worth something!
  • nice spot
  • XxxBFGxxX
    very nice find. wont be wanting one till begining of next year now tho.
  • Seriously considering spunking a small fortune on one of these bikes to replace my 06 commie 5.20. Looking for something that I can ride uphill (all be it with some pain as I could do with being fitter) but more importantly able to take to bike parks uplift days etc (UK).

Would be nice having something burlier than my meta that can take some serious thrashing. I know there are lots of options that are hard to ignore such as Nomads, SX's etc but for some reason I really love the Blood. May have something with wanting to support UK bike builders or just how damn sexy the Blood is, hohum.

Does anyone know if a FR version is planned as I would like a coil on it without having to spend an extra £ for a spring. Or will the air shock do me for being a beginner on DH courses?

If anyone has any advice or ideas on the spec for building a good all round UK bike based on the Blood I would be greatly appreciated. That aside I would love to hear from anyone who has ridden one. Will be organising a demo bike from Newcastle in the new year to properly try one out for myself.

Andy.

edit just had a small windfall, would a hammerschmidt be a wothwie part of the build.