Ladies do you cycle commando

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Spanning from this thread: Do you cycle commando

Ok so we men have established that commando while commutin and wearing lycra padded shorts is best.

Is this the same for women?

I'm curious because one of our female members *cough*sarajoy*cough* is adamant that it isn't good for a lady to go commando and some of us cannot wrap our heads around it.

Anywho, it's out there now question has been asked. Post as you will, or not.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I think you're pushing your luck :?
  • Ducks for cover :wink:
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    I think you should probably add a "slap you for asking" option :lol:
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I did start commando thread, but wash my hands of this one.... apologies ladies!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    It's OK, he's only young (as he keeps telling us).

:wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    DonDaddyD wept for there were no new threads to start
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Coriander
    DonDaddyD wept for there were no new threads to start

:lol::lol::lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2009
    I will say this, if we can have a 'cycle commando' thread on this site, which is generally a male focused thread then I'm not really seeing the issue for having a female centric thread of the same nature.

In the end the issues still apply, though the concerns are different.

If you can't handle that, then fuck me that's overly prudish.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Coriander
    The same reasons that apply to men and why they go commando also apply to women.

So there's absolutely no reason not to go commando. And many reasons to do so.
  • DonDaddyD
    Coriander wrote:
    The same reasons that apply to men and why they go commando also apply to women.

Thank you, that's all I was asking for. An informed opinion/answer. Tells you everything without having the need to go into intimate detail.

When did the men on this site get so pathetically scared to ask a flaming question.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I will say this, if we can have a 'cycle commando' thread on this site, which is generally a male focused thread then I'm not really seeing the issue for having a female centric thread of the same nature.

In the end the issues still apply, though the concerns are different.

If you can't handle that, then fark me that's overly prudish.

sexist
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    meh I don't mind answering.

No I don't go commando. Because it means I can wear my shorts more than one day without having to wash them. And I don't find any chaffing or any discomfort (granny knickers ftw) and the pad of the shorts still seems to do it's job and keep me comfy.

Might try going commando though to see the difference.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

Thank you, that's all I was asking for. An informed opinion/answer. Tells you everything without having the need to go into intimate detail.

When did the men on this site get so pathetically scared to ask a flaming question.

Apart from that other bit you asked about that strangely seems to have disappeared now... :wink:
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    DDD yes you are pushing it.

IF you're a lazy sod like me who doesn't want to a) wash shorts daily or b) spend lots of money on buying up lots of them, then I don't see why I am being hounded because of what I choose to do with the most intimate part of my body?

Call me lazy, if you like, or spendthrift - but just give over, for pete's* sake

*would much prefer to use angrier language than this.
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I think some might consider it un-gentlemanly to ask ladies if they're wearing underwear or not.
    Ie there's questions you ask, and questions you don't.
  • will3 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I think some might consider it un-gentlemanly to ask ladies if they're wearing underwear or not.

+1
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    will3 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

+1

+1 from me, too, I'm afraid: It might not be rude to ask, but it's certainly polite not to!

Cheers,
    W.
  • sarajoy
    Also I must learn to keep my nose out of these blasted commando discussions, even if my name is mentioned in each and every one of them.
  • DonDaddyD
    will3 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

+1

:roll:

Some might consider it 'un-gentlemanly, some might not. Why do I have to conform to your social standards, when by my social standards (no less valid than yours I might add) it's not a problem.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Porgy
    It's a question i've never even asked my wife. :?
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2009
    That's a whole other conversation right there...

There are programmes to help with that sort of thing porgy... on Channel 4, 5 and Virgin 1 at 11pm.
    Food Chain number = 4

• sarajoy
    I don't care that it was asked, but once asked, I dislike the huge backlash to my stating what it is I do and am comfortable with.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Some might consider it 'un-gentlemanly, some might not. Why do I have to conform to your social standards, when by my social standards (no less valid than yours I might add) it's not a problem.

Social etiquette? Go against this and you risk the wrath of the majority - maybe that's not fair, maybe you're happy to accept that, that's your call.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Porgy wrote:

Its only and issue if someone else asks your wife.... :shock:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Porgy
    who'd have thought this would be such a controversial subject?

I've never ridden commando either and the idea of doing so sends slight shudders through me.
  • Porgy
    Porgy wrote:

Its only and issue if someone else asks your wife.... :shock:

Luckily she doesn't use this forum - otherwise DDD would really be in trouble
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I've never ridden a commando
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Porgy
    Porgy wrote:
    who'd have thought this would be such a controversial subject?

I've never ridden commando either and the idea of doing so sends slight shudders through me.

mind you, i'm not a girl
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    :roll:

You don't (though you are sharing a Forum, which suggests some behavior might be considered inappropriate at some level). We're just pointing out that you have crossed into a grey area and maybe the responses you get might be coloured by that.

Cheers,
    W.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    sarajoy wrote:
    Also I must learn to keep my nose out of these blasted commando discussions, even if my name is mentioned in each and every one of them.
    Just stick to what feels best to you - no need to justify it. If its good for you its good enough. :)
This discussion has been closed.