Digital camera settings for helmet footage?

didim
didim Posts: 82
edited November 2009 in MTB general
Hi I am using my digital camera for helmet footage, and has been fine up to now. I have only just noticed there a different settings, so what's better suited to helmet footage:

640x480 at 20FPS

or

320x240 at 30FPS

Thanks

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    It's entirely subjective. 30fps will look a fair bit smoother but then you lose a lot of the visual quality due to the drop in resolution.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • didim
    OK Thanks
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Ideally you want 640x480 at 30fps. You'll notice definite Jerk-o-Vision at 20fps.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • didim
    dave_hill wrote:
    Ideally you want 640x480 at 30fps. You'll notice definite Jerk-o-Vision at 20fps.

Thanks - If it were you though which would you choose as I can't afford a new camera
  • Hi Didim,
    Me Laracroft, you describe two different configuration of your digital camera.
    If you ue 640x480 at 20fps it will provide you high quality picture. If you use 320x240 at 30fps you will get smoother picture.
    I advices you to use 320x240 at 30fps. This will give you higher quality picture.
    R4games
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Or try both and see which you prefer? I'd probably agree though that a loss of resolution is more palatable than a poor framerate giving a jerky effect.