The PF is a Yokel

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Hear me out people i'm somewhat of an expert and def. a very close friend of the PF but it occurred to me recently that for almost three years since i've been commuting on a bicycle I've had the sum total of 1 visit from the PF whilst in London and even then it was only just London/Essex border.

The PF is a yokel you townies don't even know what a proper P****** is :P

My and the PF we're like that we are, god mother to my children etc etc etc

BTW youZ recent friend of Madam PF i've been noting all you unscheduled deflation you had better MTFU and record them on the stats page if your that way inclined, yes CJCP i'm talking about you :lol:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• hhmm interesting, i like your thought process, come to think of it i have not had a puncture in London in the last year either!*

*haven't actually cycled in london
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    She isn't a yokel. No way. She does discriminate. I've had two visits this week, in addition to two other recent visits. The rear tyre is beginning to feel rather vulnerable and am wondering about a change.

I've also added 7 visits from earlier this year- when I had four in four days..
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Maybe she just fancies you cjcp :wink:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • cjcp
    Flasheart wrote:
    Maybe she just fancies you cjcp :wink:

Very possible. 8) But I think her heart yearns for ITB.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Flasheart
    ménage à trois perhaps? :lol:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    It'd certainly make a change from them feeling her pricks in their rears.

Tyres, obviously. Get your mind out of the gutter!
    us0.png
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    She isn't a yokel. No way. She does discriminate. I've had two visits this week, in addition to two other recent visits. The rear tyre is beginning to feel rather vulnerable and am wondering about a change.

but you use Conti's don't you... just saying

ITB didn't you get a visit in richmond park and on the way to richmond park earlier this year?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:

I did a deal, whilst i'm out of action so to speak she's focusing her attn on the stats top 5 list :D
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Flasheart wrote:
    ménage à trois perhaps? :lol:

Did someone say BBQ?

:roll:
  • itboffin
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

ITB didn't you get a visit in richmond park and on the way to richmond park earlier this year?

:evil:
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I get way more punctures in the city than in the country! I cycle roughly 60-70 miles in London every week and probably 50-60 in rural Kent with the cycling club. In the time I have been cycling with the club I think I have had 2 punctures, commuting through London over the same period it's probably more like 30 or more. Of course that may be something to do with the crappy tyres I hve been using on my commuter til now. I have recently upgraded to Gatorskins so all this may change...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • There is more than one type of PF.

I can think of 3 which have got me.
    The type who spread glass bottle+pint pot around usually in Summer.
    There is the type who spreads car windscreens around over a whole stretch of bike path.
    Then there is the one who spreads hawthorn around mainly in Autumn.
  • Flasheart
    Oh, so she has sisters in the same line of work eh?
    FCN3
  • cjcp
    Clever Pun wrote:

Yup. And considering changing too.

Oddly, I've had more problems with 25mms than 23mms.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Yup. And considering changing too.

Oddly, I've had more problems with 25mms than 23mms.

Bigger target obv. :wink:

I just remembered I went on a bike ride with my 'rents when I was young probably 12ish and my poor mom got through a whole puncture repair kit in one day and we still didn't make it all the way to where we were going. seriously I think she had 6 pun*t*r*s in about 7 miles all in different places.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017