New scandal about to erupt?

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2009 in Pro race
Moises Duenas has been assisting the authorities after his positive last year. He's named the doctor who supplied him as one Jesus Losa.

El Pais is reporting there have been SMS exchanges between the doctor and Mancebo, LL Sanchez, Moreno, Kolobnev and Luis Maté
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• This is the guy David Millar was rumoured to have consulted with, is it not?
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • iainf72
    The very same.

I believe Moises named him at the time and it looks like the authorities have been taking a closer look.
  • Not just working from stuff Duenas has said, also off the testimony of Maribel Moreno who tested positive pre-Olympics.

Interesting that one of the cyclists texting Jesus Losa is Dani Moreno...presumably the same Dani Moreno that is (was? Freire in the transfer thread reckons he's joining Omega Pharmacy instead) joining Team Sky.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moises Duenas has been assisting the authorities after his positive last year. He's named the doctor who supplied him as one Jesus Losa.

El Pais is reporting there have been SMS exchanges between the doctor and Mancebo, LL Sanchez, Moreno, Kolobnev and Luis Maté
    hmmmmmmm
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Kolobnev? Gotta love that.
    To bad it's LL and not Sammy.
  • Bit more background, Losa is a the former doctor to Euskaltel, and despite being named by Millar as his supplier he was never officially sanctioned (just lost his E-E gig in 2004).

In 2007 Losa was doctor to the Relax team, which included Moreno and Mancebo, with whom he's been linked with these SMS'. Got to know them well and just keeping in touch?
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Only a one year contract? Very odd if Sky was also in the picture. Supposedly he had previously renewed his contract with Caisse. Can we surmise that he was fired?
  • iainf72
    Apparantly there was a Tour de France winner linked too but the name has been removed.
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    If all the above is true, then yet again, Silence-Lotto (now Omega Pharma) have not done their homework and signed a dodgy rider. After the Thomas Dekker 'affair' you would think they would have learnt from past mistakes?

Will Cadel Evans ever get team support at a Tour?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    iainf72 wrote:
    Apparantly there was a Tour de France winner linked too but the name has been removed.

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/oscar%2 ... grouch.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AYUM8Zrd7zo/S ... ooster.jpg

?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Woodchip
    Woodchip Posts: 205
    Am I the only one to find it funny that Moises (Moses) is saying he got advice from Jesus?

"Mo(i)ses fingers Jesus in doping scandal"
    I have nothing more to say on the matter.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    iainf72 wrote:

Realistically, does that leave only 3 possibilities?????
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    Woodchip wrote:
    "Mo(i)ses fingers Jesus in doping scandal"

Something not quite right with that sentence... :shock:
  • iainf72
    One of the people on the list called the Dr. to report that he had a heart rate of 237bpm for 30 minutes after taking something.

Hmmmm.
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    iainf72 wrote:
    One of the people on the list called the Dr. to report that he had a heart rate of 237bpm for 30 minutes after taking something.

Hmmmm.

Was it me after getting up Hardknott Pass?
  • Anyway, as this is Spain Iain, surely it should be 'New scandal about to slowly ferment?' rather than erupt?
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I love there being Jesus and Moses involved in a Doping Scandle.
    I can just imagine the Police questioning them about the offence.

Cops- "Ok there Mr Beardy and Mr Beardy; let's hear what the hell happened here."
    Jesus- " It's all natural man; we are the chlidren of God and we were asked about helping out these bike riders as we were passing through"
    Cops- "Yeah, that's a likely story; who the hell do think you think I am? I've heard about you boys before. Didn't one of you do that thing with the parting the waves?"
    Moses- "Yeah man, It was all natural... a Tsunami kicked off when we were on the run and the sea dropped and we legged it. There was no funny business there."
    Cops-"What about you dummer?"
    Jesus-"Ah, cr@p... I'm busted. I don't know how the cr%p I did the fishes and wine trick and walking on water. Also, getting a rider up the Alp D'Huez in 10 minutes; it was me yes! All me! Put me in the slammer boys..it's fair cop!!!!! "
    Cops-"Put em away!!"
    Cops-"Keep an eye on the skinny one as he's been known to bust out secure places especially at night."

Sorry if that was a bit un-godly and I apologise in case I get a thunder bolt. If I do get a thunder bolt then I deserve it. Sorry again for my bad taste!!

-Jerry :D
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    cswebbo wrote:
    If all the above is true, then yet again, Silence-Lotto (now Omega Pharma) have not done their homework and signed a dodgy rider. After the Thomas Dekker 'affair' you would think they would have learnt from past mistakes?

Will Cadel Evans ever get team support at a Tour?

CN and other sites say the Moreno in question is the female athelete who tested positive at the olympics and not Dani Moreno the male climber.
  • iainf72
    Fun, fun, fun in the fluffy chair....

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/2073/ ... sages.aspx
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    One SMS was supposedly sent by a former Tour de France winner, according to the Sueddeutsche Zeitung, which quotes Spanish paper Intervíu. "With the scare from the Tour I had enough. Fortunately I am not ambitious and didn't take any of the stuff you sent to me - you were on the verge of sending me to unemployment and ruining my career... I won't pay a single euro anymore.

I find this particuarly interesting given Mr P and his total lack of form this year.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    jim one wrote:
    One SMS was supposedly sent by a former Tour de France winner, according to the Sueddeutsche Zeitung, which quotes Spanish paper Intervíu. "With the scare from the Tour I had enough. Fortunately I am not ambitious and didn't take any of the stuff you sent to me - you were on the verge of sending me to unemployment and ruining my career... I won't pay a single euro anymore.

I find this particuarly interesting given Mr P and his total lack of form this year.

But sounds like Mr P was being tricked? or persuded? Not totally incrimianting..? But dodgy al the same.
  • Well, Mancebo might as well retire.....again.....and there's FLandis, joining them next year. Probably as Tyler's replacement. :roll:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    But sounds like Mr P was being tricked? or persuded? Not totally incrimianting..? But dodgy al the same.

No, on the contrary. Seems like he's seen the light.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Dave_1 wrote:
    jim one wrote:

The bottom line is - he seen sense and didn't use it. Whether he has taken it and used it from other sources, from the text, is open to interpretation.
  • intothe12
    intothe12 Posts: 190
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    jim one wrote:

The bottom line is - he seen sense and didn't use it. Whether he has taken it and used it from other sources, from the text, is open to interpretation.

presumably if he sent it to him, and although he didnt use "it", that would have ruined his career at his age anyway if he got caught in possession of some gear. Basso got 2 yrs for storing his blood but "not using it".
  • Bearing in mind the above about Mr Pereiro, from today's story on him on CN, it does seem he's been undergoing a lot of out-of-competition tests recently.
    "Why are they wasting money on testing me when I haven’t competed for months? I’ve now done controls in airports, bars, just after a football match had finished… The people in that bar saw for themselves in exactly what situations these things can take place."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pereiro ... t-corridor
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Well, Mancebo might as well retire.....again.....and there's FLandis, joining them next year. Probably as Tyler's replacement. :roll:
    Dave_1 wrote:

No, on the contrary. Seems like he's seen the light.

No, on the contrary. Seems like he wants everyone to THINK he's seen the light. :? :? :? :? :wink::wink: