Russell Burton...

thesim1990
thesim1990 Posts: 95
edited November 2009 in MTB beginners
I read quite a few MBUK magazines and I happen to notice the seat height of the trail masters bike.

The frame itself looks tiny compared to Russell, and yet the seatpost is long it looks like any woman would enjoy it internally.

Straight to the point...

What I'm saying is, that by looking at Russell's clearance between ball sack and seat it's quite high. So how does he manage climbs on a small frame and fully extended (by the looks of it) seat?? :shock:

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    because the bike is the right size for him?
    There's more to MTB size than length of seat tube. In fact, most of us like a lot of clearance over the top tube.
  • Missing the point. What I'm saying is, if he sat down to climb, I'd imagine there be quite some crampage going on. And even standing up I die after about 2 minutes.
  • Anonymous
    well maybe you need to get fitter then. There's no reason you should HAVE to sit down. This is mountain biking, not road cycling.

Anyway, no I don't get your "point"
    What is the problem you have with his bike? His long seatpost? His low seat? I don't think I actuall follow.
  • I have no problem with the bike. I just wanted to see exactly how he's acheiving this technique.
  • Anonymous
    what technique?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    thesim1990 wrote:
    What I'm saying is, that by looking at Russell's clearance between ball sack and seat it's quite high. So how does he manage climbs on a small frame and fully extended (by the looks of it) seat?? :shock:

Your legs don't care how much of the distance between the saddle and BB is frame, and how much is seatpost. I used to run 400mm on my Scandal, no probs, though sometimes clouds got between me and the top tube ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    thesim1990 wrote:
    I have no problem with the bike. I just wanted to see exactly how he's acheiving this technique.

Would it not be wiser and common sense like to post pics of what your taliking about ???

Or even mention page / magazine number of the said magazine

Use yer loaf ,, It's not rocket science
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i dont understand, hes going down hill and around a corner :shock: on a bicycle :shock: good lord what next :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • man rides bike? its a revelation..
  • man rides bike? its a revelation..

No thats just his forks
  • Russ is pretty tall, which accounts for both his bike looking small - it isn't - and his long seatpost. but it's at the right height for him to climb very effectively, as I can attest having been left behind by him at Afan a couple years ago. He's also quicker downhill than anyone on a hardtail has a right to be.
    John Stevenson
  • Thank you very much Mr S! Finally somebody got straight to the point instead of taking the piss. Seems I have a little work to do on my seat height. Mainly find I have hardly any room to ride it without getting a arse full of seat.
  • Anonymous
    thesim1990 wrote:
    Thank you very much Mr S! Finally somebody got straight to the point instead of taking the wee-wee. Seems I have a little work to do on my seat height. Mainly find I have hardly any room to ride it without getting a ars* full of seat.
    Sounds like your frame could possibly be too long, leaving you no room to manouver.
  • Aren't Forums Great :lol:
    On One Inbred 456
    On One Inbred SS