most hated, most looked up to

13»

Comments

• Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    google

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    most looked up to: barracuda bob ;)
    most hated: anyone who dislikes barracuda bob, and doubts his dhilling ability
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • hahaha, I've been following that thread for about aweek now and it's epic! Especially the vid on Page 1
  • BurtonM
    i love barracuda bob.
    hes like the fat kid who stands and dances at parties without a care in the world.
    and i bloody love a good debate, especially a one you cant win, then it goes on for longer :)
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • :lol: Do you think he'll be at the Alpine Winter Series at Inners in Jan? I'm thinking of coming over and giving it a try.
  • BurtonM
    of course, did you even need to ask that question ??
    i might see if he can give me a few tips on how to breeze the competition
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• Just wanted to know, as a noob to all things DH it's nice to know I'll probably not be finishing last.

Actually, that's a thought, has anyone ever considered that he may be the most awesome of awesome riders and could simply blow all the competition out of the water if he wanted to, but he DELIBERATELY finishes last in order to give a confidence boost to newbies.

I bet he posts Worlds beating times when he's out on his own.
  • BurtonM
    ^ i never lost faith. im just recruiting members in my war against anit-bobs
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    Most detested:
    Numpties, spammers, people who give advice on internet forums about stuff they clearly have NO idea about, people who abuse the English language, people who can't phrase a simple question properly, people who just don't get forum etiquette. People with "Forum personalities" who act like angry kids with ADHD and too many e-numbers on the forum but are quiet and timid when you meet them. People too intimidated to come and say hello, I am not scary. The newbies who think they aren't newbies.

Most respected:
    The Old Box and HRH the King of the Box. Avi and the Louse. The people who understand that YOU ARE NOT YOUR POSTCOUNT. Andy Waterman, god rest his MBR writing soul. The people who get off their arses and turn up to big rides and say hello. The people who take the advice they asked for. Mike Wyatt who cleansed the mess with righteous global deletion. The guy who turned MBUK pink. Whyamihere for being a cynical roadie fully accepting of its disasterous wrongness, and for dragging me round all 100km of HONC. The newbies, who provide me with the entertainment a smaller forum can't provide.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited November 2009
    like:

pretty much everyone but i like some folk because they are funny, some because they are knowledgable and some for both reasons.

hate:

-fourcrossjohn,
    -people who post replies as experts when they are regurgitating internet "facts"
    -people who use "oh my god, this has been asked a million times, why dont you use the search function :roll:" as a substitute for an answer.
    -people who post to increase their post count, i genuinely dont understand why its important.
    -people who dont get when i'm taking the pi55* (hint: pretty much all of the time, i dont really think a person is a puke or a virgin, its just what i call people**)

*especially about racism, i think its funny, (not the act but the response it gets from people who know racism is wrong but not really actually why and jump on band wagons without a little look at the bigger picture)
    **apart from in the case of 4xj, he is both.
  • Did you remove one from your hate list?

I only ask because * does not seem to apply to anything and it looked pretty interesting.
  • Anonymous
    ive edited the post, i forgot to include the asterix.
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    wuhooo. i am on nobodies hate list. however everyone hates my bad spelling. :lol:
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    I am just the grey man
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i don't think anyone takes notice of me anyway :cry:
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    likeramemtbers
    Sarnian
    jay12

:lol:

hate people who make threads where you have to choose :wink:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Hercule Q wrote:
    likeramemtbers
    Sarnian
    jay12

:lol: thanks
    :D
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Hercule Q wrote:
    likeramemtbers
    Sarnian
    jay12

I am touched
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • BurtonM
    i havent made it onto anybodys hate list, which im pleased about
    or anybodys like list, which im not so pleased about.
    i think i might put the guillotine on self timer :(
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    jay12 wrote:
    i don't think anyone takes notice of me anyway :cry:

not true - look 'm quoting you. 8)
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    looked up to - SS, nick, sheepsteeth, GT (when he's on)

Hated - don't hate anyone really :lol:

much love to everyone :P
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Anonymous
    you're ALL on my hit-list :twisted:
  • jamazin
    jamazin Posts: 371
    I went through a phase of disliking porgy but got over it when he explained himself. :D I should be hated for selling out for two months but i look up to Whytepeak because he's a funny guy.
    Mabie forest. Maybe one of the greatest places to ride.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    jamazin wrote:
    I went through a phase of disliking porgy but got over it when he explained himself. :D

:shock:

just been grinding the gears in my memory - seem to remember we disagreed on Shawshank Redemption. :lol:

glad you accept you were wrong :wink:
  • ramemtbers
    wuhoo
    someone likes me. arghh i am so bored though but that has made me happier. (I have engineering reasearch to do for tommorow and its quite important. so no hitting the dh runs this evening. i get home early tommorow though, so that means riding. yeah. :lol: )
  • ramemtbers wrote:
    wuhoo
    someone likes me. arghh i am so bored though but that has made me happier. (I have engineering reasearch to do for tommorow and its quite important. so no hitting the dh runs this evening. i get home early tommorow though, so that means riding. yeah. :lol: )

Hows the new rig going?

As for OP -

Look up to..well SS, Nicklouse and Ride_Whenever know there way around a workshop, which is great for my odd questions!
    All the guys that came on the forum ride were sound to.

Not sure I could hate anyone just for writing on a forum, I know I certainly talk bo11ocks from time to time anyways!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • ramemtbers
    yeah the new bike is awsome. was on holiday in the forest of dean for a week. went and rode the pedalabikeaway fodca dh run and all the ski runs. and found a really long decent throught the woods near christchurch campsite. so yeah its pretty awsome. :lol: