Help with parking ticket.

2»

Comments

• sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    Sicknote wrote:
    beverick wrote:
    "....I decided to park on hatched markings on the end of the disabled bays".

So you parked in an area where it was quite clear that you shouldn't.

"My car wasn't causing an obstruction...."

Yes it was, it was parked in an area where there were hatched markings placed specifically and quite deliberately to stop you.

You got a ticket for your trouble.

Just pay the damn fine and next time don't be such an ars*..

Bob

Agreed. My wife is disabled, we have blue badges and it's a fookin annoyance when people who aren't disabled park in the bays. You were parked where you shouldn't be.

You and your child have got legs that work - fookin use them and park in a designated space further away.

I understand how you feel but I would bet that most of the people that had parked in the parent and child bays did not have children with them as I point out a lot around where I live.
    When my kids where little, I would have to park so that me and my daughter could get out my side and lift my son out by getting a handful of his jacket to get him out of a normal parking space.

I would not have done what the op did but do also understand it, there are to sides to this.

Sorry what sides are there? He parked where he shouldn't be parking and got a ticket. If the OP is going to do illegal stuff at least he should have the balls to take the punishment on the chin

Has that made it any clearer and as I said before I might not have done the same thing but also seeing how some people drive around car parks like they are on a race track, I can see why it was done.

I also go a ticket going to pick up my mum ( 83 and in need of a hip op ) so I parked in the disabled bay and went up to pick up her badge.
    I then had a neighbor telling me I was getting clamped ( which they did ), which cost £70 to take off and was told that it still had to be paid.
    I have written them and they are still not giving back the money which I thick is unfair plus showed them my mum's badge.
    So yes there can be two sides.
  • Tonymufc wrote:
    Wow! I didn't realise there were that many angels on here. Nap D. I'll remind your collegues about that the next time they park their cars, vans, range rovers and whatever other police vehicles there are, in front of the fekkin front doors which are CLEARLY marked pick up/drop off. Trust me they aren't leaving the store with shoplifters more like shopping. I wonder if they were parked there on the same night I was would they of got a ticket? Would they fook! Come on peeps get your heads from up your self righteous arses and get a grip. :x

I'm in there pretty much daily and you can't normally get to those bays for Taxi's and people without blue lights picking up. I've seen plenty of cop cars parked up in proper bays as well.

whatever the failings of everyone else you got caught in the wrong, fact, time to stop digging.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Don't park outside a parking bay, simple.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Wow! I didn't realise there were that many angels on here. Nap D. I'll remind your collegues about that the next time they park their cars, vans, range rovers and whatever other police vehicles there are, in front of the fekkin front doors which are CLEARLY marked pick up/drop off. Trust me they aren't leaving the store with shoplifters more like shopping. I wonder if they were parked there on the same night I was would they of got a ticket? Would they fook! Come on peeps get your heads from up your self righteous arses and get a grip. :x

No. No angel - just someone who gets fooked off with people parking in disabled bays when they don't have Blue Badges and people who have Blue Badges but who've obviously borrowed them off a relative.

And we're not immune either - we got a ticket when we were parked in a disabled bay but just happened to have forgotten to display the Timer Card alongside the blue badge.

You did something wrong, you got caught. Face up to it and stop moaning.
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    Sicknote wrote:
    Sicknote wrote:
    beverick wrote:

Yes it was, it was parked in an area where there were hatched markings placed specifically and quite deliberately to stop you.

Bob

Agreed. My wife is disabled, we have blue badges and it's a fookin annoyance when people who aren't disabled park in the bays. You were parked where you shouldn't be.

You and your child have got legs that work - fookin use them and park in a designated space further away.

I understand how you feel but I would bet that most of the people that had parked in the parent and child bays did not have children with them as I point out a lot around where I live.
    When my kids where little, I would have to park so that me and my daughter could get out my side and lift my son out by getting a handful of his jacket to get him out of a normal parking space.

I would not have done what the op did but do also understand it, there are to sides to this.

Sorry what sides are there? He parked where he shouldn't be parking and got a ticket. If the OP is going to do illegal stuff at least he should have the balls to take the punishment on the chin

Has that made it any clearer and as I said before I might not have done the same thing but also seeing how some people drive around car parks like they are on a race track, I can see why it was done.

I also go a ticket going to pick up my mum ( 83 and in need of a hip op ) so I parked in the disabled bay and went up to pick up her badge.
    I then had a neighbor telling me I was getting clamped ( which they did ), which cost £70 to take off and was told that it still had to be paid.
    I have written them and they are still not giving back the money which I thick is unfair plus showed them my mum's badge.

The rules are simple. If you park in a disabled bay and don't display a blue badge you can expect a ticket.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Tonymufc wrote:

No. No angel - just someone who gets fooked off with people parking in disabled bays when they don't have Blue Badges and people who have Blue Badges but who've obviously borrowed them off a relative.

And we're not immune either - we got a ticket when we were parked in a disabled bay but just happened to have forgotten to display the Timer Card alongside the blue badge.

I agree with you but that is a dangerous assumption to make. My 6 year old daughter has a blue badge as her chemo can leave her tired and affect the muscles to prevent her walking far but it isn't always obvious and we quite often get accusing looks from others who seem to think she's a fraud! When she is well enough we tend not to use the badge unless we are struggling to park in a normal space as we know others are in more need.
  • Pross wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

I agree with you but that is a dangerous assumption to make. My 6 year old daughter has a blue badge as her chemo can leave her tired and affect the muscles to prevent her walking far but it isn't always obvious and we quite often get accusing looks from others who seem to think she's a fraud! When she is well enough we tend not to use the badge unless we are struggling to park in a normal space as we know others are in more need.

Eh? You have a blue badge so I wasn't having a go at you

• Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Sicknote wrote:
    Sicknote wrote:
    beverick wrote:

Bob

The rules are simple. If you park in a disabled bay and don't display a blue badge you can expect a ticket.
    I didn't park in a disabled bay. Read the original post moron. And I am moaning cos it stinks of double fooking standards. Nuff said.
  • Tonymufc wrote:
    Sicknote wrote:
    Sicknote wrote:
    beverick wrote:

Bob

I didn't park in a disabled bay. Read the original post moron. And I am moaning cos it stinks of double fooking standards. Nuff said.

I never said you did. If you could be bothered to read through the entire posts my previous comments were aimed at someone else.

I know you didn't park in a disabled bay - but you did park somewhere you shouldn't have and got a ticket as a result. Take it on the chin.

• sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    I did not get a ticket but got clamped that cost £70 to take off which for a start is taking the the mick by any standards.

I was going to get the badge which my mother has but it took longer than I would have like as she needs a hip op and finds walking painfull.

So I do think it was unfair to have to have paid £70 for that.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Sicknote wrote:
    Sicknote wrote:
    beverick wrote:

Bob

I never said you did. If you could be bothered to read through the entire posts my previous comments were aimed at someone else.

I know you didn't park in a disabled bay - but you did park somewhere you shouldn't have and got a ticket as a result. Take it on the chin.
    My bad, apologies. :oops:
  • Tonymufc
    To put an end to this pointless post. I did take it on the chin and I did pay the fine. Am I still on track to make it into bike haven now?
  • Tonymufc wrote:
    To put an end to this pointless post. I did take it on the chin and I did pay the fine. Am I still on track to make it into bike haven now?

If you just stay clear of disabled bays you are :wink:

• Tonymufc
    Tonymufc wrote:

If you just stay clear of disabled bays you are :wink:

Normally I do. Sods law.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Pross wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

I know you weren't - I was just saying that it can sometimes appear that someone is using a blue badge that may appear not to be their's as they seem fully fit but it may not be the case. I would hope anyone who has a family member who qualifies for a badge wouldn't abuse it but I agree that some probably do.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Pross

^^^^^ I agree.

my father has a blue badge...but looking at him...watching him walk...you wouldn't think he needed one.

the fact that he is in serious pain walking more than 10 yards and doesn't show it outwardly inevitably means some people will jump to the conclusion that he shouldn't have one.

in fact...he was quite shocked when his doctor recommended he apply for one....he said..but i am not disabled..i don't need one...the doctor said..actually...you are a lot worse off than some people who claim for all sorts of benefits based on disability.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

I know you weren't - I was just saying that it can sometimes appear that someone is using a blue badge that may appear not to be their's as they seem fully fit but it may not be the case. I would hope anyone who has a family member who qualifies for a badge wouldn't abuse it but I agree that some probably do.

I agree Pross.

When I do see someone who looks like they might have abused the system I always think of the scene in 'Early Doors' when the grandaughter asks her nan 'where the blue badge is cos i've got to drive into town"!

Funny but sadly true

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    It is difficult to make judgements based on what you observe - some people will have disabilities that are invisible, it could be deeply hurtful and embarrassing for them to be challenged.