Riding buddy wanted, Yeadon, Guiseley, Rawdon

Stavromuller
Stavromuller Posts: 58
edited May 2010 in MTB rides
Hi, I'm looking for a riding buddy or two. I get to Esholt or Danefield about once a week and a bit further afield about once a month. I'm 56, fit-ish and riding a hardtail GT, but looking at getting a Marin Mount Vision (a Christmas present to myself). Just need to get out more as my son is at uni and has lost interest.
You know you've been working on the bike too long when it falls over and you don't care!

Comments

• Look on Chevin Cycles web sit or go into the shop as they do a mthly ride, or Bike Magic North Leeds they go out Tuesday & Thursday evenings.
  • Thanks for the advice stumpjumper, but I don't know if I've got the fittness or ability to keep up with a club
    You know you've been working on the bike too long when it falls over and you don't care!
  • I'd invite you out with myself an mate but we seem to go out last min. We tend to go out every Weds evening but thats allways in leeds 17, An during the day on a Thurs or Fri.
    Except once a mth when we meet up with others from all over an do 4-5 hrs all ability on that ride. We go over to the Dales or Peaks.Your welcome to tag along if you wish.
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Check - http://www.singletraction.org.uk/index.php

They are the guys that build at Stainburn/Dalby/Wharncliffe etc

Mostly based in and around Leeds/Braford and do weekly rides.
  • Thanks for the invite, stumpjumper, I might take you up on that offer.
  • Thanks for the info, bells0, but it looks like those guys are into some serious stuff.
  • I'll post as soon as i know when an where then.
    What days are you free to get out on the bike?.
  • Looking forward to it. I can arrange to be free Fridays
  • Hi,
    Just to say i've not forgot you just with this wet weather we've not been out, i've been jogging instead plus being on a course all week. But as soon as we've got something on the go i'll post up.
  • nax-ian
    nax-ian Posts: 209
    I'm also looking for ridin buddys, I'm in Naxos, Greece.
    Any takers...?!
    Ian
    Finished
  • Call out to stumpjumper25 are you still up for a ride sometime? Would appreciate it if you would get in touch.
  • Hi,
    Ye we're going out B/hol Monday but not sorted out a route yet, as soon as i know then i'll post on here.
  • Stumpjumper25
    Stumpjumper25 Posts: 156
    We're meeting this Sunday 9th for a Peaks ride Ladybower route, meet opp Ladybower pub 10am for 10:30 off. It will be steady pace.
  • Sounds good, I could be up for that. How long do you think it would take because I might have to drop the missus off at Meadowhall
  • Stumpjumper25
    How long do you think it would take ?, do you mean the ride? or what time will we be getting back?.

which i can't answer as it depends on how people get on with the hills,how many pll turn up.
    but put it this way i'd like to be sat in the pub by 2pm the latest.
  • crrazzzyy
    crrazzzyy Posts: 38
    Hey i would definitly check the "north Leeds" thread out on Bike magic.com they do many rides nr Yeadon ,Rawdon etc and ride at riders ability no rushing etc .......
  • Stumpjumper25
    :lol: if you ride like your in a race then NL are great to be with. It is nothing like how it was a couple of years ago.

Stav, I'll let you know about next Sunday as should get that sorted out in the next couple of days..
  • Stumpjumper25
    Not sure you'll read this. Anyway there is a ride on Sunday 16th it's the chevin cycles trails an ale, meeting in Grassington 10am.