Sucked at riding today

mottles
mottles Posts: 203
edited November 2009 in MTB general
Went out today to afan and did white levels. Weather was awful at the start but brightened up towards the end.

Last time I went, about 2 weeks ago i kicked it's ass... this time i sucked.. stacked it on windy point pretty bad after I bailed on the drop offs and my saddle was loose for most of the ride as one of the bolts sheered off.

After that I was all over the place completely lost my confidence which is quite depressing after having a great run the time before.

Strange some of the factors can effect performance so much... weather, confidence and a late night before.

Is it worth while me taking the saddle back to halfords to see if they will exchange it... surely the bolt shouldnt of sheered of like it did. Failing that ill be needing a new post and saddle :roll:
Specialized Pitch Comp - Mr Glass' Monster
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 3#16136203

Comments

• Off days? We all have them. What makes us stronger is getting it right again the next time..
    Bummer about the saddle, but been there and done that too as I weigh 200LBS and have landed at the back of the saddle and destroyed the clamp which resulted in a soul crushing ride with a rattling saddle..
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    mottles wrote:
    Is it worth while me taking the saddle back to halfords to see if they will exchange it... surely the bolt shouldnt of sheered of like it did. Failing that ill be needing a new post and saddle :roll:

Got nothing to loose mate they can only say no but could save you a few quid if they agree
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I wouldn't bother taking the saddle back - that's not what broke.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a broken seatpost bolt after a bad crash. If the bike happens to land with it's entire weight on the edge of the seat, for example, it could quite easily shear a bolt.
  • mottles
    mottles Posts: 203
    cheers for the replys.. it was really my first 'off day' since i got back into the saddle as since I started ive progressively been improving.

Eager to get back up there to show im not beat :) and as for the saddle and post... just gives me an excuse to get some upgrades!
    Specialized Pitch Comp - Mr Glass' Monster
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 3#16136203
  • the last time i did afan we did the w2. i took a rest on the last leg while we regrouped for the final track to the cafe.
    what i noticed, after a almost perfect ride, was my balance was shot just from having a rest. it was strange, i stuffed twice after the boards on two stupid, easy corners. i couldn't understand it so just put it down to not fuelling very well.
    LOL road riding.
  • Davy-g
    Davy-g Posts: 401
    Off days? We all have them. What makes us stronger is getting it right again the next time....

yup, i agree with you on that one... we all have days where we can't do right for doing wrong.. have had a few of them out on the trails, felt like heading back to the car park...but i got the head down and got on with it...didn't get any better but I vowed It would be better the next time i was out on the trails... :shock: :shock: :shock: and it was... 8)
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    don't let it bother you we all have them.. it's part of the learning curve....
    i had enough off days on my recent hol in whistler lines i know i can clear and had railed 2 days earlier would have me dabing a foot or walking or worse an off,,
    just stick with it next time you will be fine.. just use the off days to fuel your hunger to clean it next time. :wink:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    it happens to all. the first time i went on some jumps my rear wheels kept on hitting the end of the jump and now i can get more air but i still hit the rear wheels sometimes and when i ride ons ome dh bits one time i ride it down perfectly, i ride back up but go down in a crazy style :lol: