Twentyfour 12

paultrueman
paultrueman Posts: 118
edited January 2010 in XC and Enduro
Wahooo, just entered!

this will be my first 24 hour mtb race and I cant wait! doing the 24 hour solo

got loads of training planned on and off the bike and it will also tie in with me and my training partners 'Tour of the shire' challange, which is to ride 243 miles around the perimeter of Devon in one day and also to be in time for last orders at the local!,

Paul

Comments

• Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Good luck, i did consider doing the 24h solo but my bike isn't quite up to speed, i may turn up and bitch for someone so we'll see.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • why whats up with the anthem?

havent even really thought whether my bike is suited!! its the only decent mtb i have, so it will have to do!! (stumpy elite)

Paul
  • topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    any chance of adding a link to this 24-12 event , cheers stu
  • Dazzza
    why whats up with the anthem?

haven't even really thought whether my bike is suited!! its the only decent mtb i have, so it will have to do!! (stumpy elite)

Paul

Stuck with my alex dp17 rims as i busted my dt's and im not in a position to buy what bits im after those being red metal zero rims and magura durin 100 sl forks, you'd be surprised what a heavy set a wheels can do to a ride. ;)

A link to the event, google is your friend.

http://www.twentyfour12.com/

Entry forms are up on xc racer i think, 24h solo is currently £57 i believe, and 12h about £37 ish.

Oh i will be doing the 2011 event rest assured, just been a hectic year for me what with busting my previous bike and other things sucking my hard earned away. :cry:
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • I'm hopefully entering a team :-) Never done anything like it before - does anyone know how quickly the entries are filled up?
  • Sweet wheels those fulcrums, was looking at upgrading my roadie with some fulcrums, Very high spec, Ebay has some shipped from teh US for about half the CRC price

Go on, smash the credit card, dont deny yourself biking pleasure, life is far to short.

Re mountain pete, i think entries fill pretty quickly, I understand its a very popular event,
  • Dazzza
    I can't it's already been smashed. :lol:

Besides i've been slowly finishing them no sense in going backwards.

Well i want the fulcrums as other wheels flex at only a slight weight loss, no point having an unreliable set and the fulcrums are bang on for what i want in a wheel.

Speak to me nicely and i might be tempted to pb for you, im only 60 miles sw anyway and fancy having a nose so i know what to do the year after.
    Giant Anthem X
  • I saw a bloke there on an Apollo this year, so I wouldn't worry too much about a few grams here and there.
  • I rode in 2008 on a crapp GT avalanche, only the 12 hour solo, but the bike was fine!!! no problems at all. This comign year i'll be doign the 24 hour solo, on a 10 year old frame with cheap components all over, so hopefully it'll stay together. My advice training wise is just to ride every day...all I was doign last time was riding about 40 minutes to work and back each work day - then a 4+ hour ride i nthe forrest at weekends...sometimes having a break on Sunday....you just need that sustained level of fitness and you're alright.

I did have some lower back pain after the 12 hours and vowed to get a suspension seatpost...i haven't got one still...but have got a soft tail. I'm excited

Olvier
  • I'm hopefully entering a team :-) Never done anything like it before - does anyone know how quickly the entries are filled up?

Not that quickly so don't worry did a team of 4 last year first time for us all, all I'll say is eat when you can other 12 hr races I've bonked by trying to race to much and not eat and ride!
    I
    Enjoy it, it's a great course and location!

Trek Fuel EX 9 '2010'
    Custom MTB Single Speed '2008'
    Trek 1.5 '2009'

And I want so many more!
    LBS www.gearedbikes.co.uk
  • I'm probably entering a team too this year...can't wait!! :-D