Charge plug tyre change

Stellite
Stellite Posts: 544
edited November 2009 in Workshop
The bike is fitted with the following wheels

Alex DM18 - silver - alloy - 700c - ANOD. W/CNC sidewall - 32H, and have 28mm tyres fitted.

Has anyone fitted 23 or 25mm tyres to the above wheels, just not sure if the rims are too wide to fit smaller tyres.

Cheers

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Avoid fitting tyres narrower than the width of the rim - 23 or 25mm should be OK
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    25 should be okay, but 23 might be a bit narrow (rims are about 24mm wide I believe).
    More problems but still living....
  • Stellite
    Cheers folks, I was thinking the rims would be a bit wide for 23mm tyres. I intend to change the bike to a road bike for winter use so was looking for tyres faster rolling than the supplied tyres
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    Narrow tyre aren't necessarily faster. Our tandem has 2" Schwalbe Supreme slicks inflated to 80 psi (10 psi above the recommended max) and on yesterday's tandem run we were rolling just as fast, if not faster than others with narrower tyres.

I was dubious about those huge boots when we first got the bike but I'm impressed with these.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • Stellite
    Hi Geoff

Ive opted for 25mm tyres, the 28mm tyres fitted had quite a tread on them.

Just waiting for the new brake calipers to turn up at the mo then I can get cracking fitting the drops etc