Lego!

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited November 2009 in The bottom bracket
Bought my son a lego 3 in 1 set... Car transporter, etc...
Never again!
8 hours I've been building it.
He's only 4, so it's a bit advanced for him, but he is generous with moral support, bless him.
I'll stick to the small car type sets in future... :wink:
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• BigG67
    BigG67 Posts: 582
    Ah.....8 hours piece and quiet....plus the brownie points from the Mrs thinking I'm playing with the kids.

If you want send me the kit I LOVE putting Lego together - therapy that's what that is.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have 2 boys, who are lego nuts, they have overtaken me in building, I am now rated "useless", peace at last. :wink:
  • hopper1
    dmclite wrote:
    I have 2 boys, who are lego nuts, they have overtaken me in building, I am now rated "useless", peace at last. :wink:

I'm looking forward to that point :wink:
    Ah.....8 hours piece and quiet....plus the brownie points from the Mrs thinking I'm playing with the kids.

If you want send me the kit I LOVE putting Lego together - therapy that's what that is.

It was neither peaceful, nor quiet.... I'm frazzled!

Just got the transporter trailer and a car to build after my ride tomorrow.... Guess it'll be a late night, then :roll:
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    My 4 year old loves Lego and I love building it. Once anyway, not the umpteen times i need to build it because the destructive little brat keeps trashing it and asking for it to be rebuilt. :evil:
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ...I trust its a model of the Carrow Road stadium.....which is a good idea as your son is destined to be a Norwich City fan with a norfolk accent......
    :wink::wink::lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I had to build the Agents truck, Batcave and 2 aquaraiders submarines last Christmas. Still having the nightmares as my boys would come in the bedroom for 3 days running at 6:30am, holding the unfinished article to my face and the instructions in the other hand, saying, Daddy.......
  • hopper1
    Mothyman wrote:
    ...I trust its a model of the Carrow Road stadium.....which is a good idea as your son is destined to be a Norwich City fan with a norfolk accent......
    :wink::wink::lol:

Over my dead body!
    As my eldest son grew up, I didn't try to make him a Liverpool supporter. However, I must admit to banning him from Carrow Rd, only exception was when they played Liverpool :wink: I worked away, on the rigs, and banned all his football mad relatives from taking him with them.
    He's now 30, still lives locally and travels to Anfield, with his bird, every other weekend.

The boy turned out good, eh! :wink:
    The wee fella will follow suit... He has a big brother to look after him.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    As a Lego veteran I would suggest you stick with the basic bricks, rather than the fancy themed sets. These are really complex and also contain lots of pre-shaped bits that cut down on use of imagination. My son's got the Lego train set which took me yonks to put together - it's now in bits again and he prefers to make his own engines and rolling stock just using the wheels. :roll:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I used to get quite protective when I see one of my creations being demolished.

I had a few Christmases with a load of new presents to build, used to quite enjoy them. Now he's old enough to be able to put most things together by himself I'm redundant :cry:
  • Reminds me of christmas day a few years ago. We'd got my son star wars pod racers. I'd finished work at 2am that morning and was going abck in at 9.30am. We were up at 6 with the lil one who then wanted them all making. I spent all that time putting them together. Went to work, came back at 4.30pm absolutely knackered to find them totally demolished and him going "daddy will you make them again". I coulda killed the lil bugger. I was still making them when he went to bed at 9 :lol:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?