So whats the most time's you have fallen off in a day?

SPIRO
SPIRO Posts: 200
edited November 2009 in MTB general
so what's your record??

Mine was set yesterday when me and 4 mates stupidly went to swinley with hangovers . Between 5 of us we managed to stack it 13 times(4 were mine :oops: ) All comedy, 2 mph falls mostly on the flats.

Top tip kids....drinking and riding wrecks lives(and your bikes,clothing,self respect etc) :wink:

Comments

• Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    This Is a bit like the old, how long Is a piece of string. :lol:
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Sarnian wrote:
    This Is a bit like the old, how long Is a piece of string. :lol:

how?
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    As I have never really counted, but I could take a guess and say a fare few times.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    I did High Street a few years ago, there was a few feet of snow on top needless to say I probably doubled your 13 offs on my own. It didn`t hurt till the over the bars, bike on top, spd in the thigh moment.
  • I've done 3 reasonable crashes in one day before... hard to forget really lol

1st) hopping a wall about 10 inch from ground, to a 3 foot or so drop - between two sign posts.... i really should have measured up the gap between the posts as the bars didn't fit the gap throwing me over the bars.

2nd) bunny hopping a raised up kerb, was about 8" high and maybe 1.5-2meter long. Cleared no problem first time - someone with us said do it again and i caught the back wheel which bronco'd me over the bars again!!

3rd) trying to learn how to stall on the back wheel trials style (was getting into trials but wasn't very good at getting on the back wheel) had a few goes so put a bit more effort in the last go. Pushed rear wheel too far forward and it slipped out leaving me flying back wards onto my backside with the bike landing on me shortly after.

Many years on i've pretty much given in on any urban type jumping, trials etc... Was sore for a few good days after :(
  • A fair few times - 5, I think, on a dark peak ride where i was having a bad day with the ruts.

Boggy soaking wet off - tastic :lol:
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • Around 7 I think, that's what happens when you jump into a wood chip pile trying crazy tricks :lol:
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Only 3 - at swinley
    1. I came off the back showing off, doing a wheelie
    2. i came off the back going up a steep hill
    3. i hit a tree - lost control on a descent but only hit it at about 5 mph
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Falling off my bike last time i feel off a bike was going down a hill and the front whell got embedded in a hole that i couldn't see visually with the grass being the way it was ending going head over the handlebars and the hand;e bars ended up twisted and my arm nearly breaking ...

In all good to experience ,, , that was about 20 plus yrs ago

More dangerous ridin on wet roads with the leaf lying makin slight hazardous when brakin going round corner or at speed hittin the corner ..
  • jools182
    jools182 Posts: 216
    about 6 times on one downhill section of very loose gravel

it was like riding on ice :shock:
  • I racked up 3 yesterday in an hour and half ride. All down to slippery wet leaves covering slippery wet roots.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    God only knows - lots and lots.

First time we went to Les Gets, rained and rained and rained mud was horrific. Crashed early doors and bruised my sides, ruined my Mojo rode 'stiff' all day, the more I didn't relax the more I crashed and so on. Luckily so were quite quick but the ground was soft so you just slid out all the energy.

At one point we were in a group of about 15 I think, crossing this steep off camber field one guy would go down and because you couldn't change course or speed if they were in your path you had to throw it down not to slam into them. I can honestly say I've never laughed so much in my life riding. 15 guys all signing the music clowns come on to sliding out and highsiding without any real pain. Then we all pretty much arrived at an electric fence with a tiny metal bridge about 12"s wide and pretty much all crashed at once lol.
  • Once.... you should only fall off when going balls out. It should be terminal :wink:
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    last year Downhill riding in the snow on a steep off camber track, averaged about one fall per run-did about 12 runs, falling in snow doesnt hurt, its normally quite funny :lol:
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    If you have to fall off more than once you're not falling off hard enough.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    maybe 2 or 3 in one ride

the best was almost identical to sam hills crash at the worlds last year, which was ironic cos id watched the vd no less than an hour earlier :lol:

got my bars stuck between two trees at wharncliffe too, but other than that most have been small tbh
  • 3 crahses in one day was my record no of them were hard at all didnt hurt myself at all.
  • 1, 2, 3 or 4 in a day at Swinley is not uncommon. The memorable ones I've had were a small rotten wooden bridge partially collapsing under my mate's bike as he crossed it and I, like a lemming followed his line and ended up in a muddy trench.
    A classic was from placing my hand under the saddle to raise the Joplin seatpost and yea, one hand, understeer and crash. I upgraded to the bar mounted remote after that.
  • 3 times, first day going clipless :lol: