chain device & bash guard

stu861
stu861 Posts: 23
edited October 2009 in MTB buying advice
I am currently running a slx triple chainset on my pitch comp and looking to ditch the 44t ring and replace it with a bash guard and a chain device of some sort, I've been looking at the blackspire super ring god c4 and a blackspire stinger chain tensioner. Any thoughts or advice would be grateful.

Comments

• yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    i've got an e.thirteen DRS + bash on the same setup. pricey but worth every penny.

go for the full plastic version if you can (ie not the steel backplate) if you have the extra funds.
  • I'm running an SLX twin ring + standard Shimano bash guard plus a Blackspire Stinger at the moment. I've yet to have the chain come off, even on the most ridiculous fast descents, and it's also quietened the chain down a lot.
    Mine is an older frame without ISCG mounts, so I'm using the BB mount Stinger. It took literally 10 minutes to fit, although I'd recommend a dab of threadlock on the bolt that holds it all together.
    05102009467.jpg
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    I used the MRP LRP for a while, very impressed with it.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • stu861
    stu861 Posts: 23
    Cheers for the feed back, I've decided to go for the E Thirteen turbo charger bash guard in black and the blackspire stinger chain tensioner.