Anyone near the Salisbury or Shaftsbury region?

KonaKurt
KonaKurt Posts: 720
edited March 2010 in MTB rides
Just wondering if any riders are from this area, as I am hopefully moving nearby soon. Either on or off road, recreational riders (non-competetive) ... anyone around there?

Whether young or old, male or female, beginner or intermediate rider, if you're over 18 get in touch :)

If you are and also looking for new biking buddies, get in touch!

KK

Comments

• joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    im in Chippenham, (north of salisbury...)

click my signature for details of anything happening up my way.

;)
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • KonaKurt
    Chippenham is quite a distance away from Salisbury I'm afraid. Although to be honest, I have never explored that area ... maybe...

KK.
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    got some routes bouremouth/poole but that's prolly a bit too far south....
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • KonaKurt
    I do wonder down that way now and again, so feel welcome to mention them.
    I noticed this month's WMB mag featured the Purbecks and Swanage, if you are interested.

KK.
  • yeah - loads of us use the purbs on a regular basis. pm me next time you're down and i'll try and make sure i'm available to pop over...
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • KonaKurt
    Sorry to reopen an old post (!) but I'm just wondering if anyone in this region is interesated in relativly easy rides for fun, on or off road...

I'm not really interested in Chippenham or the Mendips (too far north) or the Purbecks and Poole (too far south).

Just Salisbury, Shaftsbury, Gillingham.

KK.
  • Rich77
    Rich77 Posts: 6
    I'm in Wilton, just outside Salisbury. Happy to show you a few local bits if you want. What sort of distances were you thinking? Don't have a car at the moment so it's all local stuff for me...
  • there are plenty of byways around winterslow way, which side of salisbury are you ?
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    We ride from Fordingbridge every week (Wednesday nights) with a group of friends. It's not a club as such, just a group of us! There are usually people on both road and mountain bikes - we always MTB and it's mostly off-road, quite technical in the New Forest.

PM me if you would like any details :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • KonaKurt
    Miss Notax, you ride with people on ROAD bikes who MTB offroad with you? Surely not?!

I'm not much of a technical rider so to speak to be honest, I'm just looking for simple accident free fun :o) ... and to be honest, struggling to find anyone to match my limited ability!

Bigdang: Sounds interesting... not too technical?
    Rich:I'm in dorset, but have train and will travel..

Have Fun!

KK.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    KonaKurt wrote:
    Miss Notax, you ride with people on ROAD bikes who MTB offroad with you? Surely not?!

I'm not much of a technical rider so to speak to be honest, I'm just looking for simple accident free fun :o) ... and to be honest, struggling to find anyone to match my limited ability!

Bigdang: Sounds interesting... not too technical?
    Rich:I'm in dorset, but have train and will travel..

Have Fun!

KK.

No, sorry, I didn't put that very well....

We all meet at the same place, but there are usually two groups; one MTB and one road. We the all meet back at the same place for a drink and bite to eat! It's a mixed ability group and anyone is welcome to join in :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • I'm in Salisbury and looking for some people to ride out with.
  • ted
    me to, am looking to get back into mtb racing and would be good to find more route around salisbury,
  • I'm South of Salisbury and often ride out from the Pepperbox hill area. Just waiting for it to dry up a bit cos its too soggy for fun around here right now.

Usually do 30 - 40 miles, but am happy to show you soem of the bits based around shorter or longer routes
  • KonaKurt
    OK, thanks everyone for getting in touch :)

To be honest, I have REALLY let my fitness slip this winter - I even put on another stone in weight!! Damn chocolate cookies!!

So, hands up anyone who doesn't mind a bit of "beginner" simple riding that isn't too mucky, and may involve a bit of uphill cheating (walking!!!) here and there...? Distances up to 20 miles are fine, so long as drink and cookie breaks are inclusive...!

I'm far from a pro rider - just looking for fun riding around South Wilts!

So any sympathetic hands up?!

Kurt the cookie monster, aged 36!
    (Kona hardtail, custom build, XT, Hope, RaceFace bits that click!)
  • percy758
    percy758 Posts: 6
    Look north east of Salisbury- approx 9 miles towards Shipton Bellinger/ Tidworth on the edge of salisbury plain - plenty of riding -bridlepaths and singletrack in that area there is a freeride club aswell if interested, they have guys who are into xc aswell. On facebook type tidworth freeride club.